Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] my export file is full of weird characters

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 15, 2011, 01:40 PM
mafgirl

79 posts · May 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
[SOLVED] my export file is full of weird characters

Hello,

I've had a blog with Atahualpa theme for a few years now and also have two other sites running on Atahualpha, so am a pretty confident user. I've not really changed anything in my settings for a while and also not been upgrading Atahualpa, so have not exported my settings for a while.
I've just started a new test site and wanted to start off with exporting my settings of my main blog mafgirl.com and importing them to the test blog to start customizing.
However, when I go to ATO/ export settings, the file it generates is full of weird characters rather than code, it starts off like this:
Quote:
YToyNjg6e3M6MTE6InVzZV9iZmFfc2VvIjtzOjI6Ik5vIjtzOj I1OiJob21lcGFnZV9tZXRhX2Rlc2NyaX
and goes on forever just like it. I've attached the file to this thread - uhm, no I haven't, apparently my quota for attachments is full but I'm not able to delete older attachments- never mind, I hope the above quote helps you to get the gist?
When I try to import the weird text file anyway (you just never know ) I get the message: sorry, but doesn't appear to be a valid Atahualpa Settings file.
I tried exporting the settings in Safari (5.0.5), Firefox (4.0.1) and IE (9) . I tried saving them or opening them in notepad, but all with the same results. I then tried my other Atahualpa website and it does the same... They are both running on Atahualpa version: 3.5.1 (Told you I hadn't upgraded for a while... :S ) my new test site exports the settings just fine, but that is a new install of Atahualpa 3.6.7. I even restarted my laptop and tried all the above again, but to no avail..

I am now worried about upgrading either of my two 3.5.1 blogs as I cannot export my settings before I do!
Any ideas on how to fix this?

Last edited by mafgirl; Jan 19, 2012 at 09:06 AM.