Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Need just a little help with two plugins + google ads

Old Mar 1, 2009, 06:04 AM
Echtzeit

1 posts · Mar 2009
Hello,

I'm in the process of switching to your theme. Almost everything is already working to my satisfaction, but there are still three functions I really need.

First, take a look at my blog how it looks now: http://www.homebrewwelt.com/

Notice how before each post there is a picture of the author AND a picture of one of the main categories. The plugins responsible for that are called "User Photo" and "Category Icons". The complete call of the header in my templates looks like this:

Code:
<div style="margin-bottom:5px; margin-right:5px; float:left;"><?php echo userphoto_the_author_photo(); ?></div> <?php if (function_exists('get_cat_icon')) get_cat_icon('fit_with=32&fit_height=32&small=true&class=myicons'); ?>
<h2><a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>" rel="bookmark" title="Permanent Link to <?php the_title(); ?>"><?php the_title(); ?></a></h2>
<div class="postinfo"> Von <?php the_author_posts_link(); ?> am <?php the_time('j. M, Y') ?> in <?php the_category(', '); ?> | <?php comments_popup_link('Kommentare (0)', 'Kommentar (1)', 'Kommentare (%)'); ?> | <?php edit_post_link('Edit'); ?>
</div>
Could you please tell me, ho to incorporate these two things in your wonderful theme?

The third and probably most difficult problem is the integration of google ads. Since these pay for the hosting costs of the page, I can not switch to a new theme, unless they are integrated.

Right now, there are three locations, where they appear and where I would like to have them show with Atahualpa as well:

1) underneath the header
2) between every third post (only in standard view)
3) in the single post view, in the top left corner

a fourth position, where they don't show up yet, would be wonderful:

4) between every third post in EVERY view (category, search, archive...)

The plugin "Ad Rotator" which "Rotates Ads randomly from a specified text file" is also running.

I can grant you access to my testblog at http://hier-und-jetzt.eu/wordpress/ if you wish, you can also take a look at how far my integration has progressed thus far.

If these modifications would take up too much of your time, maybe we can talk about payment (of the little money I have)?

Thank you for your time reading this.

Last edited by Echtzeit; Apr 19, 2009 at 07:07 AM.