Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Can the Meta widget be added to "bar1", "bar2" or another type of header menu bar?

Old Mar 28, 2012, 03:01 AM
TotalBalance

15 posts · Feb 2009
I need as much width real-estate as possible and therefore wish to remove all sidebar widgets and for those needed show as horizontal menu bars. I've accomplished this for Categories and Pages but can't seem to find a way to do it for the Admin (Meta) items.
Any suggestions?

Lars
Old Mar 28, 2012, 06:05 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You can add a new widget area and us a horizontal menu. Can you supply a link to an example of what you mean.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 06:10 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
why not create a custom menu and put the admin links in it? you could use the 'menu 2' which will replace the %cat with your new menu
Old Mar 28, 2012, 02:31 PM
TotalBalance

15 posts · Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
You can add a new widget area and us a horizontal menu. Can you supply a link to an example of what you mean.
Adding a new widget area is my nemesis. I've read the documentation but must be suffering a brain fart. I mentioned my challenges in an earlier post. Is there more detailed documentation on how to create a new widget area?

L
Old Mar 28, 2012, 03:06 PM
TotalBalance

15 posts · Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
why not create a custom menu and put the admin links in it? you could use the 'menu 2' which will replace the %cat with your new menu
Thanks Juggledad, I'll play around with custom menus to see what I can manage.
L