Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » RSS, Feeds & Subscribing »

RSS Feeds now throwing errors

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Apr 20, 2009, 09:35 PM
Alexi

20 posts · Dec 2008
Oceanside, CA
RSS Feeds now throwing errors

Re: WP 2.7/Atahualpa V 32.2

I've had Google/Feedburner html code in a text widget and on my subscribe page for quite a while. Suddenly I get an email from a friend who wanted to set up a feed for my blog sharing that he got an error message.

I checked and sure enough. I get the following message when I try to sign up for a feed. The same thing occurs when I use the built-in RSS setup.

====================
XML Parsing Error: XML or text declaration not at start of entity
Line Number 1, Column 2: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
-^

====================

I've checked out the problem using Google/Feedburner's Validator and it says:

======================
This feed does not validate.
line 1, column 1: Blank line before XML declaration [help]

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
^
======================

I suspect the blank line is coming from when the php renderis or perhaps it contains a blank line. Has anyone else brought this up? Thanks for any info.

Alex