Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Transparent background PNG WITH background color?

Old Nov 16, 2009, 10:36 AM
interage

98 posts · Apr 2009
Hey all.

So I've got a client who is color-picky. I set up a page with a transparent PNG background, so we could try a bunch of different colors on the fly. But Athualpa seems to be ignoring the background color, and uses just the PNG.

padding-left: 250px;
font-family: tahoma, arial, sans-serif;
font-size: 0.8em;
color: #000000;
background: #339999;
background: url(/site/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/maryback.png) no-repeat top left;

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

M.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 12:46 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Not an Atahualpa issue, it all CSS. Since you have two background statements, CSS uses the second, you need to combine them or use the long form of the css so use eithor
HTML Code:
background: #339999 url(/site/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/maryback.png) no-repeat top left;
or
HTML Code:
background-color: #339999;
background-image: url(/site/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/maryback.png) no-repeat top left;

Last edited by juggledad; Nov 16, 2009 at 01:37 PM.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 12:59 PM
interage

98 posts · Apr 2009
Hey!

Neither of those worked - but THIS did!

background: url(/site/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/maryback.png) no-repeat fixed top left;
background-color: #339999;

Thanks a bunch!!!

Best,

Mark