Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] increase text padding around image

Old Jul 28, 2010, 07:47 AM
muqmuq

18 posts · Jul 2010
sydney australia
[SOLVED] increase text padding around image

hi — quick question...

how/where do i increase the text padding around images? i don't mean the colored margin around the image, but the blank/white space between the colored margin and the text.

tia
Old Jul 28, 2010, 07:58 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
ATO>Style Images
Old Jul 28, 2010, 08:08 AM
muqmuq

18 posts · Jul 2010
sydney australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
ATO>Style Images
thanks — i have been tinkering there but changes to "padding: Xpx;" seem to increase the width of the grey margin around the image... i wish to increase the clear "buffer" between the grey margin and the text itself...
Old Jul 28, 2010, 08:26 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say clear buffer. Can you please post a url? Have you tried changing the CSS in the Caption Text: Style box?
Old Jul 28, 2010, 08:30 AM
muqmuq

18 posts · Jul 2010
sydney australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say clear buffer. Can you please post a url? Have you tried changing the CSS in the Caption Text: Style box?
thanks again

i mean the blank white space between the image+image grey margin and the text in a post... at present it is about 5 or 6 px, and i want to double that, but i can't find the place to do it. maybe i mean padding around text in a post?
Old Jul 28, 2010, 08:45 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Try adding !important on the margin as shown below to the Caption Style image box which would give the top and right margin a 20 px setting and the bottom and left 0.
HTML Code:
margin: 10px 20px 0 0 !important;