Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

[SOLVED] transparent background displays white in IE

Old Jan 31, 2011, 02:09 AM
IldiW

39 posts · Oct 2010
NZ
[SOLVED] transparent background displays white in IE

Here I am again - after three days of desperate search all over this forum and the internet in general, I've found nothing. To an extent that it seems that my problem doesn't even exist to others. This leaves me hoping that it's a simple oversight on my behalf rather than a massive issue...

All I'd like is the footer to be transparent so that only the gradient background on the body can be seen. As you might suspect I'm happy with FF but it gives me a white background in IE (all versions). I'm reasonably sure that I'm looking at the right thing because if I change it to say red, it's fine in both FF and IE.

Site: http://50.22.130.189/~haurakim/
WP: 304
ATA: 353 (I know I could upgrade but 361 didn't work properly so I ended up downloading this version as it is said to be the most stable.)

Any help is hugely appreciated!
Thanks,
Ildi
Old Jan 31, 2011, 04:40 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What do you have defined at ato->Style & edit FOOTER->Style FOOTER?
Old Jan 31, 2011, 01:40 PM
IldiW

39 posts · Oct 2010
NZ
I'm just saying:

background-color: transparent;
border-top: none 4px #eee;
padding: 0px;
text-align: center;
color: #555;
font-size: 11px;

I tried to put it in the CSS as well (not both places just one at a time), but that didn't work either.
If I put background-color: #ff0000; that'll work fine, it's only the trasnparent bit that doesn't display properly.
I have since heard that I could put a transparent image as the background to solve the issue which will be my final try I just would love to understand what I am doing wrong with the above...
Old Jan 31, 2011, 01:59 PM
IldiW

39 posts · Oct 2010
NZ
I also have this in the CSS for getting the the effect of the footer running accross the entire width but I don't think it's relevant for my problem... or is it?

html {
background-color:#fff;
background-image: url(<?php bloginfo('template_directory'); ?>/images/site/bg_bottom.png);
background-repeat:repeat-x;
background-position: bottom left;
}
Old Jan 31, 2011, 03:14 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Take out the background line in ATO>Style & configure Layout>Layout Container Style
Old Jan 31, 2011, 05:53 PM
IldiW

39 posts · Oct 2010
NZ
Hm, taking out that one line effectively made the header AND footer image disappear and the navigation stopped working properly (ie. it's now a list). So that didn't work unfortunately but how on earth does the background affect these things at all?