Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

how to extend the added image to your layout width in menu bars? and some other Q's

Old May 3, 2009, 11:36 PM
ppat2

23 posts · Dec 2008
hi Flynn,

I have been reading posts to add images to the menu bars. I have few questions and problem i came across.

when i add the code the following code, it works but it image only shows up until my last created page or category. how do i extend it all the way to my layout width? plz check my test site
HTML Code:
ul.rMenu li {
background: url(my/image);
padding: 10px 20px 10px 20px;
}
if i use

HTML Code:
ul.rMenu {
padding: 10px 20px 10px 20px;
}
than the image works the way i want, but only problem is, the pages shows up like the default and cramped on the image which doesn't look good. is there a way to add transparency to your default menu bar so it blends in with my image? or any other good idea u might have?

also tried the code i found while reading posts, it doesn't work..my image just disappears ..

HTML Code:
div.rMenu-center {
}
2. how do i add different images for page menu and cat menu cuz when i add image with the code i have it shows up on both. what css code do i add to separate them?

3. my "Home" page link is always highlighted? how do i undo it?

i would really appreciate if you could tell me the exact code so it works properly, because code i tried from others responses did not work for my site..thanks a bunch.

(p.s. more donation coming from my end..thanks again for great job u have been doing )
Old May 5, 2009, 05:28 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Use the second one but add an ID or !important to override the existing padding

HTML Code:
ul.rMenu-hor {
background: url(my/image) repeat-x;
padding: 10px 20px 10px 20px !important;
}
HTML Code:
ul#rmenu2 {