Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » ThemeFrame Presales »

Export whole theme or individual page templates

Old Jul 20, 2010, 10:18 AM
uNeedStuff

8 posts · Jul 2010
I was wondering if you could use ThemeFrame to just export individual page templates?
I have a theme I like but would like to add an additional page template that changes to a 3 column layout. Would I be able to use ThemeFrame to do that, or would there be crossover issues? I am not a coding person, just find what I need and apply it, so I don't really understand how everything works, so I'm not sure if I design the page in ThemeFrame and then add it to the current template it would actually be available and work.

Thanks!
Shari
Old Aug 28, 2010, 05:08 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You can download a single page template but you wouldn't be able to use that in another theme as is, at least the CSS of the original theme and the CSS of the TF created page template would interfere to some extent.

Because for TF created page templates, all CSS is in a single style.css (like in most WP themes), in other words, the page templates aren't completely self contained.

You could however try this, it won't do any harm. But you'd have to work on the CSS, i.e. take parts of the TF style.css and add it at the bottom of the original theme's CSS.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 08:46 AM
uNeedStuff

8 posts · Jul 2010
Thanks Flynn, that makes sense. I had been looking for a way to make custom page templates, and I can see that this isn't the best option, however it might work. What if I loaded the current theme as the project, and then did the custom page? I am planning on purchasing your theme, just have to save up the $$, once I do I'll play around, and I can let ya know what I find.
Shari