Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Place image about sidebar

Old Jun 11, 2009, 08:57 AM
tim5046

19 posts · Jun 2009
Hello,

First and foremost -- you guys have been fantastic with all of your help. The theme itself is incredible, and the support behind it is even better, so thanks for everything! I've had to wait til today to donate, and I know it's not much but I wanted to show my support as much as possible.

anyways, I have a problem that I've been working on for a few days now and just can't seem to figure out. I want my right sidebar to start a ways down the page, and I want to place an image directly about it. I have managed to do this, but not the proper way. The position needs to remain "relative" instead of "absolute" so that it changes with the page size.

for more information about what I"m talking about, please go to http://blog.englishteastore.com and refer to the right sidebar. The site is still obviously a work in progress, but I've been trying to set this up in the same manner as it currently is on the page, however I want the sidebar to be "relative" and move with the rest of the page (also the sidebar does not extend down the entire side of the page).

Please help if possible.

thank you,

Tommy Mclaughlin
Old Jun 11, 2009, 12:07 PM
joestyer

17 posts · Feb 2009
Falmouth Kentucky
Hi.
I am not sure if I am following you totally but I will offer my 2 cents worth and hope it helps. If you are wanting an image in the right sidebar you can use an image widget that is a wordpress plugin. You can place the image widget of course wherever you want it.

My themes using Atahualpa
www.blackberrysites.com
www.yourshortcut.mobi
Old Jun 11, 2009, 01:08 PM
tim5046

19 posts · Jun 2009
Joe,

Thanks for your help but I'm not sure thats exactly what I'm looking to do. I would like the image to be outside of my sidebar so that it has the same background as my site (purple), not the same background as the sidebar (green). I almost need to move the sidebar down and place the image right about it, but I'm just not quite sure how
Old Jun 11, 2009, 01:55 PM
joestyer

17 posts · Feb 2009
Falmouth Kentucky
Hi
I understand what you are trying to do now. You are getting out of my level of knowledge with that. Good luck with getting it accomplished. If Flynn cant do it.. no one can. lol