Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] How to place %bar2 over the header image??

Old Dec 6, 2009, 06:54 PM
Masselyn

91 posts · Jan 2009
So. California
[SOLVED] How to place %bar2 over the header image??

Kinda weird, I know...but I need to take the %bar2 (with text - "Career Coaching, Life....") and place it on top of the header so that it lays right at the top of the header images (see link below). Basically moving it down. When I adjust the margin-bottom it appears to go behind the header and not on top of it. Can this be done?

http://www.excellerationcoaching.com/images/sample.jpg
Old Dec 6, 2009, 07:59 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I'll need to see the actual site so I can look at the generated code in order to advise you.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 08:12 PM
Masselyn

91 posts · Jan 2009
So. California
I wish I could, but the site is not launched. I am redesigning a site for a client, where their current HTML site is still live and Wordpress is installed behind it. I take the HTML site down at night (rename the default.html to default.old), to view my changes and make small tweaks, and then I rename the default.htm file back so the HTML site becomes live again (hope that makes sense - but I have worked through the tweaks that Wordpress.org indicate for being able to have HTML files and Wordpress sit on the same location and it does not work).

Anyway, I am using the Div Container hack that was mentioned in a post - so that I can have different headers for each page. Then, in the header config in Theme Options, I have added that in addition to the %bar2. But the bar always wants to sit behind the header. Not sure if this helps at all, and I will be taking the site down in about an hour so I can view the Wordpress system - if you happen to be online the URL for the site is

http://www.excellerationcoaching.com

Thanks, as always...
Old Dec 7, 2009, 03:16 PM
Wimbledon

320 posts · Apr 2009
[VA & AZ], USA
So you want that image ("Career Coaching" etc.) placed over the top of the header?

You could accomplish this with a new widget area over the header.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 07:49 PM
Masselyn

91 posts · Jan 2009
So. California
Actually the words are not an image, but text that I inserted into the PHP file for the bar2. I would like to be able to move the bar2 so that is lays over the header, and sits right on top of the images that are in the header. I have the site up tonight, because I am working with the client through the pages, content, etc. Can I layer text in widget, with the header being the background? I might try that.

Thanks.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 04:36 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
to move %bar2 around use
HTML Code:
div.horbar2 {
	z-index: 4;
	position: relative;
	float: left;
	width: auto;