Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Category page sorting of posts based on WP-PostRatings?

Old Jul 26, 2009, 03:37 AM
Dr.GameMaker

7 posts · Jul 2009
Israel
Hi,

I looked around and didnt find something I think many blogs would like -

I am trying to show/sort my posts in the categories based on the users rating done with WP-PostRatings. (most rated post will be on the top ..)

Is this integration between Atahualpa 3.4.2 and WP-PostRatings plugin possible?

Thanks,
Dr.GameMaker
Old Jul 29, 2009, 04:43 AM
Dr.GameMaker

7 posts · Jul 2009
Israel
I thought many users will be interested in this ... ???
Old Jul 31, 2009, 05:51 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Are you having a problem?
What version of Atahualpa are you
If you are using ver 1.5 of the plugin are you on WP 2.8 which it requires?
Old Aug 1, 2009, 11:13 AM
Dr.GameMaker

7 posts · Jul 2009
Israel
Yes, I have a problem - I don't know how to do it

I have WP 2.8.2 and WP-PostRating 1.5 and Atahualpa 3.4.2.

I have rating feature turned on for each post and it also shows in the category page. But I would like to Sort the list of posts on the category page Based on their rating. most rated post will show up on the top of the category list.

here is an example of one of my category, as you see it is not sorted by the ratings: http://gamemakertutorials.com/catego...s/get-started/

Any help will be highly appreciated!

Thanks
Old Aug 13, 2009, 02:39 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Have you looked into the plugin, maybe it has a setting for that? If not, perhaps there's another plugin that can do that.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 01:49 PM
Fader

19 posts · Jun 2009
I also ask this question.

I found something about solution from WP-Postratings/Postviews author:
http://lesterchan.net/wordpress/2007...swp-postviews/

But don't understand how integrate this feature into Atahualpa theme.

Need more detailed guidance.

Help please!

Thanks.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 03:33 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
If you look at that plugin, you wil see the author has abandoned it, so if you want to use it, you are going to have to dig into the code and figure it out. This forum is for the Atahualpa theme. While we can sometimes give advice on how a plugin works, to dig into an abandoned plugin goes beyond the scope of the forum.

If your not able to dig into the code or find an alternate plugin, you could offer to hire someone to dig into it for you.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 09:02 AM
Fader

19 posts · Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
If you look at that plugin, you wil see the author has abandoned it, so if you want to use it, you are going to have to dig into the code and figure it out. This forum is for the Atahualpa theme. While we can sometimes give advice on how a plugin works, to dig into an abandoned plugin goes beyond the scope of the forum.

If your not able to dig into the code or find an alternate plugin, you could offer to hire someone to dig into it for you.
Forum for similar request is Marketplace?
I ready to create request about it, but I not have access to create new thread.

How I can to get access?
Old Aug 9, 2010, 12:46 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
This is from the forum description
Quote:
Customization, Design, Programming...
Offer and request Wordpress/BytesForAll related SERVICES here. Everyone can read. Forum members can reply. Only donors can start (and close) threads.