Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Please see my theme fully messed

Old Apr 28, 2014, 08:35 AM
someshch

5 posts · Apr 2014
i installed the theme at my site: www.informationlord.com , The site has fully messed!
I want to have thumbnails of same size and width to be increased of full template, please help!
Old Apr 28, 2014, 09:29 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
I want to have thumbnails of same size and width to be increased of full template, please help!
could you explain this a little more ? I'm not sure what you want.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 09:51 AM
someshch

5 posts · Apr 2014
could you please visit my site for once and have a look yourself: www.informationlord.com

The images that should appear in the summary of posts on the homescreen are messed which hides the article summary and thus is looking very untidy!
You can once please have a look over the site and help me please!! Please sir. I am in great need!
Old Apr 28, 2014, 10:10 AM
someshch

5 posts · Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
could you explain this a little more ? I'm not sure what you want.
The images in the thumbnails are overlapping my posts summary and are also of not same size.
I want to fix it as soon as possible! Please help.
Once have a look over the site! it has a lots of problem : www.informationlord.com
Old Apr 28, 2014, 12:36 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The images don't overlap anything for me viewing the site in Firefox. The size of the images should be wide enough to cover the area desired and probably at the right aspect ratio as well.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 07:15 PM
CrouchingBruin

299 posts · Aug 2010
Santa Monica, CA
I do not see any overlap between the thumbnails and the post summaries on Firefox, Chrome, or IE 9.

As Larry mentioned, if you want all of your thumbnails to stretch across the width of the content area, you need to use a featured image that is at least the same width of your main content area (620px).

Or, you can also add this to the end of the various.css virtual CSS file:
Code:
.thumb-shadow {
   float: left;
}
Then the borders on all of your smaller thumbnails will at least fit tightly around the image instead of stretching across the entire width.

Last edited by CrouchingBruin; Apr 28, 2014 at 07:20 PM.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 04:15 AM
someshch

5 posts · Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrouchingBruin
I do not see any overlap between the thumbnails and the post summaries on Firefox, Chrome, or IE 9.

As Larry mentioned, if you want all of your thumbnails to stretch across the width of the content area, you need to use a featured image that is at least the same width of your main content area (620px).

Or, you can also add this to the end of the various.css virtual CSS file:
Code:
.thumb-shadow {
   float: left;
}
Then the borders on all of your smaller thumbnails will at least fit tightly around the image instead of stretching across the entire width.

Well thankyou for your precious suggestions, can i know how can i resize all custom images that appear on the homepage with post summaries to be scaled to same size without effecting the sizes of images inside posts!!, i want the all thumnails to be 250*250 on the home page i mean on the sumarries of the posts with images on homepage.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 08:17 AM
CrouchingBruin

299 posts · Aug 2010
Santa Monica, CA
You can also add this CSS to the end of your virtual various.css file:
Code:
.post-thumb img {
   width: 100%;
   height: 180px;
}
This will stretch out your images to full width, but they may appear a little distorted because you are taking an image and enlarging it past it's native resolution. You should try, instead, to use images which are at least 620px wide for your featured images.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 08:25 AM
someshch

5 posts · Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrouchingBruin
You can also add this CSS to the end of your virtual various.css file:
Code:
.post-thumb img {
   width: 100%;
   height: 180px;
}
This will stretch out your images to full width, but they may appear a little distorted because you are taking an image and enlarging it past it's native resolution. You should try, instead, to use images which are at least 620px wide for your featured images.
Thanku sir for your previous solution , after reading this article of yours = http://wordpress.org/support/topic/c...page?replies=9

I too did the same to my site on www.informationlord.com , now i just want all the images to be of same width and height, like 250 x 250 on the homepage without effecting the iinternal images of the posts., How can i do it. please help!
Old Apr 29, 2014, 09:48 PM
Jam

1,112 posts · Mar 2011
Perth, Western Australia
I want a pergola.
I guess I will have to pay a professional to build it... or do it myself.
Jus putting it out there. Any pergola builders up for the task?