Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

IE 7 with XP: Atahualpa don't work sometimes

Old Apr 3, 2009, 09:18 AM
francos

10 posts · Apr 2009
Italy, Milan
Send a message via Skype™ to francos
Hi,
I ask to my friends to become a tester of Audi TT Club Italia site because I have problems with IExplorer 7 on Win Xp.
The site (www.audittclub.it/wp) works very fine with Mac (browser Safari 3, Firefox, Opera) and with Win Xp (browser Safari, Firefox and Opera) but it is very difficult have a page with IE 7.

Some friends tell me the pages was displayed for a while, but when coming back to the index page, nothing appears.

I try with my home pc and I have an error message: the traslations from italian would be " Your connection failed and you have no network: check your connection"

I don't know what it is, but also the beta site (www.francoscafe.it/wp) is not operative with IE 7 on pc!

Someone could help me?
Old Apr 4, 2009, 08:22 AM
francos

10 posts · Apr 2009
Italy, Milan
www.audittclub.it/wp

This is my link!
The site is:
tested on Mac with:
Safari 3.2 -WORK
Opera 9.6.4 -WORK
FireFox 3.0.8 - WORK
tested on pc with Win XP:
Safari 3.2.2 -WORK
FireFox 3.0.8 - WORK
Opera 9.63 - WORK
Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.13 - DON'T WORK.

I receive an error message, this is the photo of the display:
-----------
It says:
Line. 751 (but this number is variable because in the times I read 763, 761, 750 etc)
Character: 1
Error: identification expected: string or number
Code: 0
URL: http://www.audittclub.it/wp/
-----------

When I click on OK appears a Message: Impossible Open site http://www.audittclub.it/wp/, operation is over. A new page is open with write: Impossible view the web page.
----------

Now, I don't use Word or other for the text. Some table are write with GoLive for Mac, some are editing with TextWrangler.

How can help me????
Old Apr 4, 2009, 11:28 AM
francos

10 posts · Apr 2009
Italy, Milan
Hope this helps to do the right things :-)

I have do a lot of test and I find what is that is not appetible for IE 7.
It is a plugin called LightBox-plus!

It don't work with WP 2.7.1 and all the themes except the standard themes.
few hours ago I upload a new folder with the last WP and the last themes without plugins and my test site and it works. I uploaded some plugin and it work. For last I upload Nexgen-gallery and LightBox.
The site don't worked more!
I erase this pluging and the site starts again....

Tahnk you for the moral support and for buying a TT ;-)
Old Apr 5, 2009, 02:44 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Atahualpa works for me with NextGen & IE7 (exact same version as you)

Can you try only NextGen, without the other plugin Lightbox plus, to see if those two interfere with each other?

And both plugins work in the Deafult theme? They don't just throw no error, they provide their functionality as well?
Old Apr 17, 2009, 01:59 AM
francos

10 posts · Apr 2009
Italy, Milan
Hi Flynn.
I found the bug. Was LightBox Plugin... when I deactivated it, all works fine.

Thank You