Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

WP-PostRatings Integration

Old Dec 31, 2009, 10:13 AM
coachjerry

12 posts · Sep 2009
WP-PostRatings Integration

I'm using Atahualpa 3.4.4, WordPress 2.8.4, and WP-PostRatings 1.5.

I call for ratings in the footer, with this code added in the single page footer option:
Copyright &copy, %date('Y')% %author-firstname% %author-lastname% - All Rights Reserved | %tags-linked('Tags: ', ', ', ' | ') %edit(' | ', 'Edit this post', '')% | %wp-postviews% | %wp-postratings% |<strong>%author-firstname% welcomes your rating and comments.</strong>

Is this call for WP-PostRatings sufficient? Or do I need to call for it elsewhere too?

The problem I'm having is that some of my users can't see the rating image at all (I can with the same browser and OS they have). I have seen instances where I can't rate a post even though I had not rated it before. I believe that might be associated with an initial rating of 5 stars, which may be "locking out" other ratings?

Should I be putting the PostRating code <?php if(function_exists('the_ratings')) { the_ratings(); } ?> somewhere else in the options fields or in the index?

Thanks for your help

Coachjerry
Old Dec 31, 2009, 12:09 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
did you search the forums for 'WP-PostRatings'?

Last edited by juggledad; Dec 31, 2009 at 02:32 PM.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 01:15 PM
coachjerry

12 posts · Sep 2009
Yes, I did search the forums. All I found was the direction to put %wp-postrating% in an option field, which I did. But I wondered if it needed to be elsewhere, too, or if the footer was not an appropriate place for it. Did I miss a forum response that would address my issue?
Old Dec 31, 2009, 02:32 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What is your URL showing the issue?
I just wanted to make sure you did your homework.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 03:35 PM
coachjerry

12 posts · Sep 2009
www.fictionwritersplatform.net
Old Dec 31, 2009, 06:08 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Did you set the setting as mentioned on the ATA Post/Page Info page?

Suggested settings:
Delete <br />%RATINGS_TEXT% from the bottom of the textarea named "Ratings Vote Text:"
Delete <br />%RATINGS_TEXT% from the bottom of the textarea named "Ratings None:"
Make other changes as you see fit
Click "Save Changes"