Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

[SOLVED] Too many tags break the site?

Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:36 PM
aditya

4 posts · Nov 2012
[SOLVED] Too many tags break the site?

Hi I'm a new user here. Just installed the Montezuma theme. I added a new blog post and added tags separated by commas to the post. This was what happened.
http://imgur.com/9r1AV

Does anyone know how to fix this? I tried removing the 'post-tags' class from this line in postformat.php:

Quote:
<?php the_tags( '<p class="post-tags">', '', '</p>' ); ?>
and that seemed to fix this a bit. But it is not a complete solution.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by aditya; Nov 29, 2012 at 11:40 PM.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:03 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
It looks like there is some other code that was added. Adding comma separated tags in my test site worked fine.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:15 AM
aditya

4 posts · Nov 2012
I see. I did not change anything on the site yet apart from the colors in the CSS files. How many tags did you add? Is there a limit to the tags to be added? As you can see from the image I attached, I added a rather large number of tags.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:16 AM
aditya

4 posts · Nov 2012
I should note that the tags in the actual post display just fine. The problem arises only in the main page where we see an excerpt of the blog post.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:43 AM
aditya

4 posts · Nov 2012
Ah! found the culprit! In posts.css, post-tags is displayed as an inline block. Changing that to display as a block seems to solve the issue.