Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Add text & html to logo area

Old Jun 6, 2011, 10:39 PM
tsheridan

94 posts · Mar 2011
I have uploaded a logo image and removed the RSS/Email icons from the top right, and I'd like to add text with html in there. Is there a way to do this? I see how I can remove the %logo from the header layout and add a div, but I'd like both, if this is possible. Thanks!
Old Jun 7, 2011, 03:28 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I'm not quite sure what you want, but you can have both the %logo and a div in the 'Configure Header area'
Old Jun 7, 2011, 06:51 AM
tsheridan

94 posts · Mar 2011
Yes, that's what I want but I'm unable to get it right. I've tried this -

<div class="logotext">This is the text for the logo area</div>,

that I found in another post, but it is adding it below my logo, in the menu bar, if I place it after the %logo. If I put it before the %logo, it puts it above. I tried floating it to the right, making it only 200px wide, etc. hoping that would allow it to go next to the logo image, but I can see that even though the logo image itself is only a few hundred pixels wide, the entire area is linked to the home page by default, so is it possible to put something adjacent to the logo image?

I realize I can just put the text in a wider logo image, but I want to use an active email link in the header.

Is this possible? Thank you.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 08:30 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
What you could do is view the page, then view the page source and copy it to a text document.
Next remove the %logo and view the page and the source and copy it to a document.

Now compare the two, the HTML that is missing is the %logo HTML. Copy that HTML to a file, add you new hlmt to it. Now put it all in place of the %logo.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 09:42 AM
tsheridan

94 posts · Mar 2011
Thanks juggledad, here's what I did - I created 2 divs in the inserts, one called .logo, and a nested div called .logoText, then styled them how I wanted. Then I replaced the %logo with my divs as you suggested and it worked!
Any tips on how I can style the links for this area separately from the main body style links?
Old Jun 7, 2011, 10:32 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
sure, code a CSS selector and rule for them and stick it in the CSS Inserts area. Since you created the div, you could ad an ID+"..." and use that in teh selector.