Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Aggregating news feeds

Old Jun 27, 2010, 12:03 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Aggregating news feeds

I need to be able to gather news feeds concerning our town from a variety of sources and display them on our news site. I want to be able to pick and choose which headlines to use from each feed, rather than just having all of them show up by default.

I've been testing the Feedwordpress plugin, but it doesn't appear to allow any editing of the headers.

I'm sure this could be done with some code other than a plugin. I'm starting to research this, but if anybody here has any bright ideas, I'm all ears.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 08:56 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I'm not 100% sure what you want to do but what about just unpublishing the posts you don't want to show? Am I on track with what you want to do?
Old Jun 28, 2010, 04:25 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Sure, I could do that. Or one of our editors could. It would be better if the articles were queued up and waiting to be released to the public page, though.

At the moment, I'm having trouble finding good feeds to put in anyway! Our newspaper is the primary source of local news already. What we're trying to do is to automate more of our news-gathering so we can take it easier and eventually retire from the day to day grind, and/or make things so simple that somebody else will want to take over the job.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 07:27 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
So you would like to have a list of feed articles you could scan and select which to post and when. Is that kind of it? I like that idea. Now to see if there is a way to accomplish it.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 08:38 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Right. I guess it would work best if the raw feed came into the dashboard and I could copy/paste into a post the headlines that were useful for our site for that day. Or maybe they'd be in a widget.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 08:55 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I have Feed WordPress on one of my sites. If you go to the Post & Link Setting for Feed WordPress you can set incoming posts to be set as draft or pending.