Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

My donation not showing up

Old Jun 16, 2009, 02:49 PM
faigekobre

14 posts · Jun 2009
I had donated last week and was wondering why it doesn't show up by my name when I post a question
Old Jun 16, 2009, 04:25 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Did you send Flynn a PM telling him you sent a donation?

Flynn is the author of this theme and you can donate to him at any time to help him continue develpoing this theme. I am not associated with Flynn other than he asked me to be a moderator. If yu want some special help or you value my help, you have the option of donating to me as well.

And I think I can speak for Flynn when I say we appreciate any and all donations.

Last edited by juggledad; Jun 16, 2009 at 04:29 PM.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
faigekobre

14 posts · Jun 2009
I clicked on the click here to donate at the top which took me to bytes for all and I assumed flynn would get the doation automatically. Thats not the case? have to tell him by email that I donated?
Old Jun 16, 2009, 06:14 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Since email addresses don't always match forum handles, there is no way to tell. Note the line at teh top of the page (of course you do need your reading glasses on...well I do

"...And once you become a forum member, send a Private Message ("PM") to Flynn mentioning your Paypal email address so your donation can be added to your user name.'
Old Jun 18, 2009, 05:57 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Donations are automatically added when you are logged in into the forum while sending the donation through the "Check out with Paypal" button at http://forum.bytesforall.com/awc_ds.php?do=donation. In this case an award icon (Dollar, Gold or Diamond icon) should appear in the top right corner of all your posts, within seconds.

If you were not logged in, then the donation will arrive but without a forum user name attached to it. In this case send me a PM with your Paypal email address. Do the same if you donated through the
Old Jul 10, 2009, 08:18 PM
LocalGoogleGuru

7 posts · Jul 2009
Frederick, Maryland
Send a message via AIM to LocalGoogleGuru Send a message via MSN to LocalGoogleGuru
I also just donated $40 but am not allowed to enter the forum for donors.
I did see a message to the effect of my donation has to be approved or words to that effect.

It was a bit distressing to see so many questions on the free forum and only 3 threads on the paid version... oh well.

I can imagine the huge body of work and countless hours required to not only build this neat theme but to maintain it over various plugins and wordpress revisions, therefore I donated.

I do local search engine optimization and that requires countless hours of maintenance, I can only imagine how more difficult my business would be if I had to add coding to my list of things to fix.

(I was also hoping that a donation would give me access to quicker response to my customization requests - I was 'on the fence' as to weather I was going to purchase Thesis or go with Atahualpa, the business model of Thesis is paid access equals better customer service)
Old Jul 10, 2009, 09:01 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Donations are usually posted to the user name immediately if you were logged in while you donated. It seems you were, I see your gold bars and the donation system also sent me an email and added the award to your user name.

Re: Gold forum. My fault to not make this clearer but: The Gold forum is read only. We will post info and downloads there. The Gold forum is not ready yet, something is not working with the access, I will fix this on the weekend. Yes, there is not much in there yet but that will change.

Even as a donor you would post your questions in the open forums. That doesn't mean that donors and non-donors are treated equally. That's what the donation awards are for. I read

Your donation is appreciated and you're welcome, but generally speaking, and just in case: I will issue a no question asked refund to any donor within 30 days. A simple "Please refund my donation" PM to me is all it takes. I don't want anyone to be disgruntled and I will have no hard feelings if a refund was requested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalGoogleGuru
I also just donated $40 but am not allowed to enter the forum for donors.
I did see a message to the effect of my donation has to be approved or words to that effect.

It was a bit distressing to see so many questions on the free forum and only 3 threads on the paid version... oh well.

I can imagine the huge body of work and countless hours required to not only build this neat theme but to maintain it over various plugins and wordpress revisions, therefore I donated.

I do local search engine optimization and that requires countless hours of maintenance, I can only imagine how more difficult my business would be if I had to add coding to my list of things to fix.

(I was also hoping that a donation would give me access to quicker response to my customization requests - I was 'on the fence' as to weather I was going to purchase Thesis or go with Atahualpa, the business model of Thesis is paid access equals better customer service)