Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Keep text block 500px[eg] in posts and pages

Old Jul 23, 2011, 12:15 AM
Craig Atkinson

53 posts · Mar 2009
Hello.
My site: http://www.craigatkinson.co.uk/category/shop
As you will see, the text runs on a bit on that particular post. I want to keep the text a max of 500px wide while keeping the gallery the same. How do I do this?
Old Jul 23, 2011, 06:40 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you will have to play with the 'width' css option. You should use firebug in firefox and add sone css elements to adjust the look the way you want it, then add that css to teh css inserts
Old Jul 23, 2011, 01:25 PM
Craig Atkinson

53 posts · Mar 2009
thanks for the info, I'm sorry to be naive though it sounds another language to me, I have no idea how to do that. Also, would that not affect the whole center column? It's just the text part that I want to stop half way across. I can do it by putting th etext in a table 500px wide in each post but that seems a work around too much!
Old Jul 23, 2011, 03:40 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
put the text in a <div id="my-block">...</div> then you can use '#my-block {...}' as the selector and apply what ever CSS you want
Old Jul 23, 2011, 10:35 PM
Craig Atkinson

53 posts · Mar 2009
That's exactly what I needed, thankyou. Something that has arisen from this is that the text in the post no-longer resizes / scales as the window is made smaller. I'll take a look at the code but any help is appreciated.