Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

How do I insert a "Leave a Comment" form after every post

Old Mar 5, 2010, 09:03 AM
KimMaxwell

3 posts · Jan 2010
Solna Sweden
In an effort to encourage more interaction on my blog I would like to have a prominent, open ”Leave a Comment” box after every post, not just the link at the bottom, even on my main page. I found another thread asking about this but it didn’t seem to be resolved, see http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...=crememagnolia.

If there is not a way to include a comment box in this manner, then increasing the size and prominence of the “Leave a Comment” link would be the next best solution. Any ideas?
Old Mar 7, 2010, 04:57 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
see http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...t=comment+post
Old Mar 8, 2010, 01:27 AM
KimMaxwell

3 posts · Jan 2010
Solna Sweden
Thank you Juggledad,

I managed to make all the recommended changes and it almost works. I now get an open and ready to go comment box, and the posted comments also now show on my main page. This is great, I think it will inspire my readers to post comments more often. The only small problem is that now on my main page the most recent comments replace any older comments on older posts.

See SimplyMotivated.com, “Step Four” post comments repeated on “February Progress Report” post farther down the page. I tested this again by placing a reply to Step Five and all comments on the main page further down the page were replaced by my most recent comment.

I would like to keep the main page as showing a good handful of older posts and their corresponding comments after the most recent one as it now does. Any ideas?
Old Mar 8, 2010, 06:10 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Please go back and review what you did. I just installed the code explained (in version 3.4.6) and it works fine. This is in a 'vanilla' site.

ave you made anyother ecoding changes or changes to the center area?

Last edited by juggledad; Aug 14, 2010 at 06:05 AM.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 05:53 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I've discovered a bug. If you have ATO->Style & configure COMMENTS->Separate trackbacks/pings from comments? set to YES, this problem occurs. (all posts on the page show the same comments) If it is set to NO, the problem goes away.

I'll be looking at a fix.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 05:52 AM
itsawrapjas

5 posts · May 2009
I have theme 3.4.9 and i cannot get all comments to show in full on the main post,

i just have the link which says leave a comment-3 comments .

can you help. thanks
Josh