Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Question about upgrading. Don't understand changes.

Old Aug 25, 2011, 05:49 PM
Nolie

17 posts · Jul 2010
Ontario
I am currently running 3.6.4 and am scared to upgrade. I am worried about the part that says php custom code is not allowed anymore. Does this mean I will lose the spot where I can add html/css inserts? If not what does this mean? How will this affect what I can currently do now.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 06:38 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
It has nothing to do with CSS. This only affects those who add PHP code to various areas of the site. If 3.6.4 is working OK there may not be any reason to upgrade at this time as well.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 06:40 PM
Nolie

17 posts · Jul 2010
Ontario
So then it would affect my samsarian php widget plugin that I use? Yes 3.6.4 is working fine just I have always been told to upgrade things as they become available.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 06:58 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
Does this mean I will lose the spot where I can add html/css inserts?
You can still add the custom CSS in the CSS Inserts. What you can't do is add php code in some of the options.

Take a look at HOWTO: upgrade Atahualpa to a new version so you can see how you could have two versions of Atahualpa in the theme folder and swap back and forth.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 07:11 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
And it shouldn't affect your PHP widget.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 03:02 PM
Nolie

17 posts · Jul 2010
Ontario
Thank you.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 09:17 PM
Nolie

17 posts · Jul 2010
Ontario
I went ahead and manually upgraded today. Glad I did it manually. My google friend connect would no longer show. My samsarian plugin I use for my subscribe options with a long code and that no longer worked and I use rafflecopter for my giveaways and that no longer showed up in my giveaway posts. I quickly went back to the previous version of the theme that I was running.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 10:07 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
If you upgraded to 3.6.7 you would also need to apply the patches as outlined in the new versions and updating forum.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 05:47 PM
vincent

64 posts · Nov 2010
If next version is still going to take a while, why not have a ready patched version as 3.6.8 ?
Would probably give you guys less support issues.

- Vincent
Old Sep 5, 2011, 06:12 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
A 3.6.8 version is in the wings so to speak but honestly adding patches is an easier "upgrade" than a whole new version as you don't have to deal with moving your images and redoing image paths etc like you would if you did a manual upgrade. Also we could have a patched version available but people still download from WordPress.org until we have the new version there we will still have support "issues".