Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

How to: Remove link from blog title & add a thin solid black line below the page menu

Old Jul 1, 2010, 01:01 AM
SavingHumanity

6 posts · Feb 2010
NYC
Send a message via Skype™ to SavingHumanity
I'm using 3.4.9 with Wordpress 3.0

1) I'd like to know how to remove the link from my Wordpress Blog Title, I've made the changes via the front-end Atahualpa Theme Options, but it didn't work so I'd like to know what edits to the baseline theme coding I should make.

Note, I'd like the blog title to be plain black text.

2) How can I add a thin black line that runs the entire width of the screen and separates the Page Menu bar from the blog title.

Bonus - if anyone knows how to horizontally distribute the page menu evenly across the width of the screen then that'd be great :-)

Thanks so much. I'm a Gold member, but still love Atahualpa and plan to keep using it!
Old Jul 1, 2010, 07:08 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
Bonus - if anyone knows how to horizontally distribute the page menu evenly across the width of the screen then that'd be great :-)
did you try %page-center - it won't evenly distribuite it, but will center it and if you arn't going to add more pages, you could add some left and right padding.

Quote:
1) I'd like to know how to remove the link from my Wordpress Blog Title, I've made the changes via the front-end Atahualpa Theme Options, but it didn't work so I'd like to know what edits to the baseline theme coding I should make.
the blog title in the logo area or the blog title when used overlaying the header image?

Quote:
2) How can I add a thin black line that runs the entire width of the screen and separates the Page Menu bar from the blog title.
Ues %bar1 or %bar2 and use 'border-bottom: solid 1px #000;' in it's styling
Old Jul 1, 2010, 09:47 AM
SavingHumanity

6 posts · Feb 2010
NYC
thanks!

The blog title in the logo area

My Website is http://www.DavidJaffee.com for reference.

Thanks for the input, let me know your thoughts when you have a second!
Old Jul 1, 2010, 10:40 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
edit bfa_header_config.php and find lines 177-189 (versuion 3.4.9 -> 3.5.1) which should be
HTML Code:
			if ( $bfa_ata['blog_title_show'] == "Yes" ) {
				echo '<h' . $bfa_ata['h_blogtitle'] . ' class="blogtitle"><a href="'; 
				bloginfo('url'); echo '/">'; bloginfo('name'); echo '</a></h' . $bfa_ata['h_blogtitle'] . '>'; 
			}
and change them to
HTML Code:
			if ( $bfa_ata['blog_title_show'] == "Yes" ) {
				echo '<h' . $bfa_ata['h_blogtitle'] . ' class="blogtitle">'; bloginfo('name'); echo '</h' . $bfa_ata['h_blogtitle'] . '>'; 
			}
Old Jul 1, 2010, 10:01 PM
SavingHumanity

6 posts · Feb 2010
NYC
hey. thanks so much. i made the necessary changes and like it much better :-) Http://www.davidjaffee.com

The only remaining item is to add more horizontal space between the page menu items. I tried adding "Padding 5px" in the "Border around all menu items" in the Theme Options, but it didn't work.

Please let me know what code to enter so that i can increase the horizontal space between the page menu items.

thanks!
Old Jul 2, 2010, 03:30 PM
SavingHumanity

6 posts · Feb 2010
NYC
anyone have thoughts on this? thank you
Old Jul 2, 2010, 05:20 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Try