Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

[SOLVED] Read More Option taking user to the middle of the post

Old Jan 30, 2010, 08:01 AM
djrishi

4 posts · Aug 2009
Hi – I am using Atahualpa 3.4.4 & facing a problem with read more option…

When I click on the Read More option (continue reading…) option its takes user to
http://www.haircareresources.com/blo...yles/#more-142

However, it should go to
http://www.haircareresources.com/blo...ut-hairstyles/ only.

I am not worried from SEO perspective as canonical url is working fine however the first url takes you to middle of the post rather than to top of the post.

How can I fix this ? Any solution ????
Old Jan 30, 2010, 01:06 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
how are you creating your read more? Are you using a plugin?
Old Jan 31, 2010, 04:27 AM
djrishi

4 posts · Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
how are you creating your read more? Are you using a plugin?
I am using the default "Insert More Tag" Option and not using any plugin..

Thanks
Old Jan 31, 2010, 05:41 AM
pakacil

20 posts · Jan 2010
djrishi & juggledad,

i think, it's about how WP works
it's not taking user to the middle of the post, but taking user/reader to the rest of article, start on the next paragraph after we put read-more tag.

then i tried to do this...
open and edit post-template.php file (located in wp-includes directory)
find this code line (about line 219)
PHP Code:
$output .= apply_filters'the_content_more_link'' <a href="' get_permalink() . "#more-$id\" class=\"more-link\">$more_link_text</a>"$more_link_text ); 
and replace or change it to...
PHP Code:
$output .= apply_filters'the_content_more_link'' <a href="' get_permalink() . "\" class=\"more-link\">$more_link_text</a>"$more_link_text ); 
or i just simply del the #more-$id code

read-more link works like what djrishi wants or just like an ordinary permalink ...
CMIW
____
• remember to back-up the original file before change or edit it
• tried with WP 2.9.1 and Ata 3.4.5.1
Old Feb 1, 2010, 09:54 AM
djrishi

4 posts · Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakacil
djrishi & juggledad,

i think, it's about how WP works
it's not taking user to the middle of the post, but taking user/reader to the rest of article, start on the next paragraph after we put read-more tag.

then i tried to do this...
open and edit post-template.php file (located in wp-includes directory)
find this code line (about line 219)
PHP Code:
$output .= apply_filters'the_content_more_link'' <a href="' get_permalink() . "#more-$id\" class=\"more-link\">$more_link_text</a>"$more_link_text ); 
and replace or change it to...
PHP Code:
$output .= apply_filters'the_content_more_link'' <a href="' get_permalink() . "\" class=\"more-link\">$more_link_text</a>"$more_link_text ); 
or i just simply del the #more-$id code

read-more link works like what djrishi wants or just like an ordinary permalink ...
CMIW
____
• remember to back-up the original file before change or edit it
• tried with WP 2.9.1 and Ata 3.4.5.1
Thanks buddy... Working fine...