Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Meta tag description/keywords never appears - is_home is always false

Old Aug 29, 2009, 05:14 PM
slimandslam

2 posts · Aug 2009
I'm using Atahualpa 3.2 on WP 2.8.4 and the Meta tags for description and keywords don't ever show up on the home page. As far as I can tell, that's because the WP function "is_home" always returns false. My understanding is that's because my WP home page is a "static" page. I'm not sure why that's true (seems silly). Is there a way to get the Meta tags to appear on the home page?

Jason
Old Aug 31, 2009, 08:24 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I suggest to upgrade to 3.4.2, Atahualpa is evolving fast and I can only focus on the current and next version. Otherwise edit bfa_meta_tags.php and replace is_home() with is_front_page()
Old Aug 31, 2009, 10:17 AM
slimandslam

2 posts · Aug 2009
I haven't been able to find instructions on how to upgrade. If I'm already running
3.2, can I just over-write the existing Atahualpa theme directory with the
latest 3.4.2 version?

J
Old Aug 31, 2009, 10:52 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Upload it as another directory name then you can run both versions side by side and switch between them. There are many threads about this here on the forum
Old Nov 8, 2009, 09:16 PM
caseyfern

5 posts · Nov 2009
California
I am running 3.4.4 and cannot find meta description in my view source even though I have been entering them as I write pages and posts. I am using the theme's utilities, not an add-on plugin like Platinum SEO. Do I need to be adding in another plugin to handle this?

Last edited by juggledad; Nov 9, 2009 at 04:03 AM.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 04:02 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Since you are not running the Atahualpa theme, why post here?
Old Nov 9, 2009, 12:38 PM
caseyfern

5 posts · Nov 2009
California
I see from my log that you caught me with my Atahualpa theme turned off while I looked for something that would help me break the SEO logjam. Sorry to waste your time. I still can't find the keywords and description in View Page Source, no matter what theme I try, so the fault is probably not with your lovely theme.

I'll keep trying.