Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

It seems my theme bugged out for some reason

Old Oct 2, 2010, 10:58 PM
Shells2010

6 posts · Jul 2010
I was using Atahualpa 3.5.3 I updated when the update was available and had no problems.
We checked the site an hour ago and the background was gone the banner did not show all content was there without structure.

I contacted my hosting support that said it seems like its my theme and advised I try a different one to make sure.
I reactivated the older version Atahualpa 3.4.9 and it is fine now.

Please let me know if you may need more info to check this out.

Thank you
Old Oct 3, 2010, 03:10 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
How did you update?
Are you saying it was working fine with 3.5.3 and suddenly messed up?
What is the URL?
Have you tried swapping back to 3.5.3 again?
Old Oct 3, 2010, 10:42 AM
Shells2010

6 posts · Jul 2010
Than you for replying.

The url is http://micgeronimo.com and yes it has been working fine for 1-2 months and all of a sudden got messed up.

I recently activated a plugin 'Post Page Associator' that Ive had inactive for a few weeks now. After I activated it I checked everything was working fine for at least 2 hours. Then later that day the problem occurred and I deactivated the plugin because that was the last change I made. The theme did not return to normal. I then did as described called the hosting and changed back to the older version. I did try again with the new version after I saw the older version works and still the layout was white with no banners.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 11:50 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
That is truely strange since both 3.4.9 and 3.5.3 use the same database records to create the look of the page. Unless something corrupted the Atahualpa353 folder. The only way to tell would be to look at the theme code and other than a really bad plugin, the only way I have seen the theme code changed is if someone hacked into the site and changed things - this has happened due to security holes on the servers the sites were running on.

So here is what I would do.
1) use FTP and rename the atahualpa3.5 folder
2) get a fresh copy of 353 and install it manually
3) activate 353 and see if it is working - if it is, examine the old 353 code to see if someone hacked our site - if things look 'wrong' look at the other themes, plugins and wordpress files.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 08:25 AM
Sustainable PF

28 posts · Nov 2010
I just had a really weird thing happen.

The content in my right side bar has disappeared (blogroll, twitter text box code, archive - many other widgets) and was replace with my footer (minus the text widget I have in it).

sustainablepersonalfinance.com

Anyone know how to fix this?

i'm using 3.4.9 and the only thing I did was go into my dashboard and move around the "boxes/windows" in the dashboard - prior to that everything looked "normal"
Old Nov 25, 2010, 09:06 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
did you add a new widget in the right sidebar or make changes to one?
Old Nov 25, 2010, 10:11 AM
Sustainable PF

28 posts · Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
did you add a new widget in the right sidebar or make changes to one?
I added a twitter widget, and things looked just fine (widget was inserted and worked / displayed properly). Then changed the dashboard around went back to the site and re-loaded and things no longer looked fine.

I also reloaded the stat-ovevview: General Social Metrics
Old Nov 25, 2010, 10:15 AM
Sustainable PF

28 posts · Nov 2010
OK - deleted the new "text" widget and everything went back to normal. thanks for pointing out that changing things may muck up the page.

very odd as the script was obtained directly from twitter