Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Change to colour handling in H1, H2, etc in CSS Inserts.

Old Aug 4, 2010, 10:48 AM
coop42

13 posts · Jul 2009
Responding to a previously closed post about H1, H2, etc colour formatting change.

In previous versions, a simple definition of the colour (h1 {color: #FF000; }) in the CSS Inserts was sufficient.

Now we have to add class= to the definition?

So we'd have to code the CSS as...

H1.red { color: #FF0000; }

And then code each of the tags as <H1 class="red"> rather than the simpler <H1>?

That's a bit tedious.

Just curious, was there a particular reason for this, or is it an "unintended consequence" of something else?

Can it go back to the old/simpler way of doing it?

coop
Old Aug 4, 2010, 11:28 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I just put some code like what you mention in CSS Inserts and then wrapped some text in a page in an h1 tag and all worked as expected. Where did you see that we have to add class= to the definition?
Old Aug 4, 2010, 11:43 AM
coop42

13 posts · Jul 2009
I was referring to the post "[SOLVED] H1, H2, H3 color codes lost in WP 3.0.1". In it the poster (c12281) stated that he/she solved the same problem I was having with colours of the H1, etc by adding class to the CSS.

I had a simple definition of H1 in the CSS inserts, and it didn't change the colour of the header.

h1 {
padding: 0;
margin: 0;
font-size: 1.9em;
line-height: 1.5;
font-weight: normal;
color: #365DA0;
}

and in the page, the code is simply...

<h1>This is the title</h1>

but this has no effect on the colour of the header.

When I changed the CSS in the CSS Inserts to:

h1.colour {
padding: 0;
margin: 0;
font-size: 1.9em;
line-height: 1.5;
font-weight: normal;
color: #365DA0;
}

and the related code in the page to

<h1 class="colour">This is the title</h1>

The colour of the header changed as specified (and as expected). The first CSS doesn't work, the second one does.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 12:09 PM
coop42

13 posts · Jul 2009
OK, that's just weird.

Before lunch, the basic CSS didn't work. Not in IE, FF, Opera, Chrome or Safari.

After lunch, after replacing the class code with the basic code, it worked.

I didn't restart the computer, or even the browsers.

I hate it when that happens.

Arrgh! Now I don't know what the problem was.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 06:07 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
do you have a caching plugin active? Never try to develop with a caching plugin active and make sure to delete the cache or your changes may take some time to show up.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 11:33 AM
coop42

13 posts · Jul 2009
Nope, and the effect was the same on my WinXP laptop, a Win7 machine, an iPhone and an iPad.

So it was something very, very odd.