Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Atahualpa Page Menu Bar -> BFA Page Menu Bar?

Old Jun 11, 2009, 11:45 AM
bhannemann

2 posts · Jun 2009
Layout [SOLVED] Atahualpa Page Menu Bar -> BFA Page Menu Bar?

Hello,

I am trying to mimic the styling of the Page Menu Bar in the Bytes For All theme with settings in Atahualpa. I prefer Atahualpa because it allows 2-column layout, rotates header images, and just has way, way more options, but I prefer the Page navigation style in the original (http://www.bytesforall.com/wordpress-test/1/)

Is there a way to accomplish this without editing theme files?

Thanks,
Brendan
Old Jun 12, 2009, 07:38 AM
bhannemann

2 posts · Jun 2009
So, I am pretty close to it. Through a combination of editing the Page Menu Bar, bar1 and bar2 styles, and the CSS insert below, I am able to get the bar to mimic the behavior except for having them overlayed on the header image.

ul.rMenu-hor li {
margin-left: 10px;
}
Old Jun 18, 2009, 04:28 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You can use negative values for both margin and padding, too

I.e.

margin-top: -50px;

to move something 50 pixels higher than its standard position
Old Feb 20, 2011, 03:00 AM
ralfsteck

55 posts · Oct 2009
Hi Flynn,

could You please be more specific? I don't see where I could put the negative margin/padding to push the page bar over the image.

As far as I understand I need:

- page bar pushed up
- bar 1 in the hover color of the menu items
- transparent color in the menu item borders (how?)
- the above code snippet to have a small gap at the left side (I would preger %page-center)

- A fine extra would be roundes corners at the menu items :-)

Greetings, Ralf

Last edited by ralfsteck; Feb 20, 2011 at 03:03 AM.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 06:05 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What version of Atahualpa and WP?
What is your URL?

Note this thread is 2 years old and lots has changed since then in the theme. You always have the option of addind CSS to the 'CSS Inserts' option - which is where you would want to put your css. For example if you have %image %pages you could use
HTML Code:
div#menu1 {margin-top: -50px;}
to move the page menu over the image.

Last edited by juggledad; Feb 20, 2011 at 03:09 PM.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 06:43 AM
ralfsteck

55 posts · Oct 2009
Hi Juggledad,

I use the most recent versions, WP 3.0.5 and Atahualpa 3.6.4.

I didn't think the differences ar that big (from the config standpoint ;-)

Cheers, Ralf

Edit: Got it to work with:

%bar1: height: 1px; background: #C0C0C0; border-top: solid 10px #C0C0C0; (Background ist still white, thus the border-top)
%page-center (border) solid 1px #c0c0c0 (Background) EEEEEE (Hover) C0C0C0
CSS Intert:

div#menu1 {borders: 1px #eeeeee; background: #c0c0c0; margin-top: -27px;}

ul.rMenu-hor li {margin-left: 10px;}

But unfortunately the active tab isn't coloured as set in (Hover), it's always the first item thats highlighted :-(

Last edited by ralfsteck; Feb 20, 2011 at 07:20 AM.