Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Help! Update fine on site, but WP Admin messed up

Old Jul 7, 2011, 02:22 AM
Katmoody

36 posts · Jun 2011
Exclamation Help! Update fine on site, but WP Admin messed up

Hi -
I backed up everything and have looked between my old folders and the new ones on the site and I just don't understand what happened. I upgraded to the newest Wordpress release. My site - looks fine so far. But the lefthand side of my WP-Admin is gone ... like all that navigation went bye-bye.
Help!
Please remember I am very new to all of this as well. Did I forget to do something simple? I just know I need my sidebar :-)
Thanks
Katrina
Old Jul 7, 2011, 02:34 AM
KatyDigg

319 posts · Jul 2009
Hi Katrina,

Are you referring to the Left Sidebar in the Dashboard of WP Admin.

If so, it is the new "collapse menu" feature.

There is a small right arrow button at the Left sidebar area so as to "expand" the menu.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 02:37 AM
Katmoody

36 posts · Jun 2011
I don't see an arrow?
Old Jul 7, 2011, 02:39 AM
KatyDigg

319 posts · Jul 2009
Admittedly, it is tiny (and if you have your dashboard set to Blue) and very pale. I would look down the very narrow left hand side, slowly, from top to mid-way....and it ought to be there! Hopefully.

Can you see the listing of Icons (which expand out upon Hover) the pale right arrow button is beneath the final icon.

Last edited by KatyDigg; Jul 7, 2011 at 02:41 AM.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 02:46 AM
Katmoody

36 posts · Jun 2011
NOthing is expanding or working ... I'm not sure what happened but something went wrong. I'm attempting to rollback the installation so I can start fresh tomorrow.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 02:59 AM
KatyDigg

319 posts · Jul 2009
Did you do Auto Update or Manual Update.

I always find Manual is best, often things can, and do, go wrong with the Auto Update.