Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

recent posts in the right sidebar, but not on the home page

Old Apr 23, 2009, 11:09 AM
ind

1 posts · Apr 2009
hi there,
new to all of this, so please bear with me.

i would like to make it so that my "home" page is static, but that "recent posts" will show up on the right sidebar.

those recent posts would be "news" posts that would also appear in order on a "news" page that was one of the items in the menu (the rest of them will be pages)

it would be a 2 column design

does that make sense?

thank you in advance for any wisdom
Old May 6, 2009, 03:49 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
H ind,
sure this makes sense, and should be easy to do, but non of this is a 'theme' issue, this is just wordpress.
1) Create your static page
2) In the dashboard SETTINGS->READING->Front Page Display, select static page and point at your Home page.
3) In the dashboard APPEARANCE->Widgets on the right side of the screen (this is in WP 2.7.1) under 'Current Widgets' select 'Right Sidebar' and click on 'Show. Add the 'Recent Posts' to your right sidebar and press 'Save Changes'

Now since the Atahualpa theme is normally a 3 column theme, you do have to make a change to the theme options so

4) In the dashboard Appearance->Atahualpa Theme Options->Sidebars->Left Sidebar:Display on: just uncheck all the pages.

That should do it