Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

How to make the menu bar transparant, higher and shove it up?

Old Sep 5, 2012, 04:11 PM
claudiacreates

27 posts · Sep 2012
Hi all,

I am working on a website and I have to little knowlegde of CSS, it's a puzzle to me. Hopefully you can help me out.
I want my menu to be higher up and I made a partially transparant gif so it covers the header some, but not all.
I also want it higher in size. And if possible I would like the mouseover shown as a square button sliding over the menu bar.
Is there a way that I can realize this? I made a gif called gradient_bar.png and used this code, but it doesn't work:

div#menu1 {
background-image: url(/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/gradient_bar.png') !important;
background-repeat:no-repeat;
height:47px;
border: 0;
}

div#menu1 ul.rMenu {
}

ul.rMenu li a:link,
ul.rMenu li a:hover,
ul.rMenu li a:active,
ul.rMenu li a:visited,
ul.rMenu li {
}

I put this in the CSS inserts box.
The website is here (and it's far from finished):
http://www.claudiacreates.nl/menu-1/

It should become like this: http://www.claudiacreates.nl/wp-cont...ngendael-2.jpg

Thanks upfront.

Last edited by claudiacreates; Sep 5, 2012 at 04:39 PM.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 05:07 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
This is a matter of playing with CSS positioning elements and perhaps padding for the menu list items on the top and bottom to give it more height. This isn't complex but would take a half hour or more to figure out and write up instructions. The best bet is to check out w3schools.com for CSS positioning properties and then use Firebug to virtually play with the CSS. That is what I do.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 10:59 PM
claudiacreates

27 posts · Sep 2012
Thank you Larry, will do