Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Search Results page needs formatting

Old Jul 28, 2009, 04:28 AM
black_cat

2 posts · Jul 2009
Hi,
I've searched both here and the WordPress forum for a solution but couldn't find any answers.

Is there any way to format the text on the Search results page?

All that appears when I do a search is the page title and a few lines from the page itself in paragraph format. There is no linked text to take the user to any of the resulting pages.

I'm currently using Atahualpa333 and using the search that comes with this theme (no search plugins)

Please can anyone help as I've spent ages trying to resolve this?

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 3, 2009, 04:58 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The title of each post is a link to the post
Old Aug 4, 2009, 10:03 AM
black_cat

2 posts · Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
Thanks for your reply juggledad.

The title isn't a link on my search results, it's just plain text.

I've checked the text using the Web Developer plugin on Firefox and it tells me the whole text on the page is in paragraph format.

Please can you or anyone else help further?
Old Aug 4, 2009, 03:24 PM
thetravelchronicle

97 posts · May 2009
NEVERMIND - I just figured out what you meant by the title being the link - now, how to explain that to users...
I guess I'll revise my question to be: Do you know anything about why Search Everything can't retain the ability to resize images?

On a related (I think) subject, my most developed site is still using 3.3.3, and I recently discovered while using the plugin "Search Everything", that while the search results page looks like every other page, it does not have a fluid center container. So, large images bleed off into and through the right sidebar. I posted with them (SE), and haven't heard back, so I don't know how they deal with generating a search results page.

It would not have occurred to me to bring this up here if not for this thread, so I did a test on a site where I have 3.4.2 loaded and found that the search function which is included returns a search page with no images at all - which may be by design.

If I'd like to have search pages with images contained in the center column, could you suggest some combination of Atahualpa version and a Search feature that might do the job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad

Last edited by thetravelchronicle; Aug 4, 2009 at 03:48 PM.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 05:56 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
To display full posts including images on search result pages, set Configure EXCERPTS -> Posts or excerpts on SEARCH RESULT pages? to "Full posts"
Old Aug 10, 2009, 09:55 AM
thetravelchronicle

97 posts · May 2009
Aha! Well that may be the nudge I needed to update to 3.4.2 to use the included search option - unless of course you're moments away from releasing ThemeFrame. I may decide to stay with Atahualpa after I've looked at ThemeFrame, but would like to avoid spending time doing updates I won't be using if I switch.