Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » eCommerce & Atahualpa »

WP ecommerce, lost right sidebar on single product page

Old Jul 7, 2011, 03:04 AM
ozbod

59 posts · Jan 2010
Stamford, Lincs, England
Hi,

I have just brought a client site bang up to date with all the various upgrades and it seems to have gone quite well apart from the fact that I have lost the right side bar on the single product pages

I am using WPecommerce 3.8.5 wp 3.2 and Atahualpa V 3.6.7 along with the latest WP ecommerce Gold Cart upgrade (allows the gird view).

Here is an example of what I mean:

http://www.shinnerz.com/shop/patterned/patterned-medium the side bar is there, now click on the more details link for any product on that page and you will see the sidebar dissappears.

Any input from anyone would be gratefully received.

Many thanks

Dave
Old Jul 7, 2011, 04:16 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You do not have all BUGFIX's for your version applied. (they can be found in the 'New Version & Updates' forum and sub forum)

Apply them and re-test
Old Jul 7, 2011, 05:14 AM
ozbod

59 posts · Jan 2010
Stamford, Lincs, England
Hi,

thank you for your quick reply, I foillowed your advice and went to 'New Version & Updates' forum and sub forum.

But there are so many bug fixes, starting with 367 there that I just don't which one to go for, could you give a direct link to the relevant fix(s) please then I will apply them and test and let you know.

or

do i need to apply them all?

Many thanks

Dave
Old Jul 7, 2011, 06:44 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
yes apply them all (you can skip 2 since it is incorporated into 4)
they all fix errors and it's just a matter of ftp'ing the modules to your host.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 09:52 AM
ozbod

59 posts · Jan 2010
Stamford, Lincs, England
Thanks for the clarification, I will have a crack at it now and report back later.

Thanks again

Dave
Old Jul 7, 2011, 10:28 AM
ozbod

59 posts · Jan 2010
Stamford, Lincs, England
Hi,

have just applied them all and they have had no effect as far as I can tell on my reported problem with the missing sidebar.

Interestingly in 367-01 and 367-03 the instruction say to overwrite the existing files in ata/functions, I have uploaded into wp-content/themes/atahualpa/functions and there were no original files to be overwritten.

However in the case of 367-04 there was an original file to be overwritten, but as I said there has been no effect on the problem after installing these.

I didn't install 367-05 as its not applicable to my set up.

Thanks

Dave
Old Jul 7, 2011, 11:09 AM
ozbod

59 posts · Jan 2010
Stamford, Lincs, England
Hi,

I realised that the instructions for 367-01 and 367-03:

To fix this issue,
1) Download the attached file.
2) unzip it on your computer
3) FTP it to the 'atahualpa/functions' folder on your host, replacing the copy that is there.

are asking me to upload the bug fixes to the wrong place 'atahualpa/functions' whereas it should have been 'atahualpa/' as this is where the original files are.

Instead of overwriting the files I renamed them to css-original.php (367-01) and functions-original.php (367-03) before uploading the css.php and functions.php.

In this case they have had no affect on the sidebar problem.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Best regards

Dave
Old Jul 7, 2011, 12:43 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
oops, my bad. I edited the bugfix's yesterday to make them standard and messed up those two. They should go in the 'atahualpa' folder to replace the version that is there. I've just corrected the bugfix directions.

Thanks for finding that.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 02:49 PM
ozbod

59 posts · Jan 2010
Stamford, Lincs, England
Hi no problem, we all make mistakes from time to time.

Now I have to figure out why this sidebar isn't showing up, have just double checked the sidbar setting and all the boxes are ticked.

Will keep at it, any thoughts would be appreciated

Cheers

Dave
Old Jul 7, 2011, 03:11 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
go to ato->export/import settings and export your settings and attach them to a reply and I'll take a look at them
Old Jul 7, 2011, 03:32 PM
ozbod

59 posts · Jan 2010
Stamford, Lincs, England
Thank you that's very good of you to take a look at them for me, the file is attached.

Best regards

Dave
Attached Files
File Type: txt ata-wwwshinnerzcom-20110707.txt (18.6 KB, 2005 views)
Old Jul 7, 2011, 06:05 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
well withoutt the ecomerce plugins, I don't see anything wrong. THat means it must have something to do with th e interaction of the two. Unfortunately, since I don't have them I can't poke about to see what might be causing the issue.

i would expect that some variable is being used by both and that is causing the issue,

If you want to do a test, edit footer.php and find teh line
HTML Code:
<!-- Right Inner Sidebar -->
and add the following right after it
HTML Code:
<?php echo '$right_col2 ='.$right_col2.'<br>';
and tehn find the line
HTML Code:
<!-- Right Sidebar -->
and add the following right after that
HTML Code:
<?php echo '$right_col ='.$right_col.'<br>';
this will show the contents of that variable, which I suspect one of the plugins is using and setting to some value other than 'on'

Last edited by juggledad; Aug 19, 2012 at 05:41 AM.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 07:35 PM
Jam

1,112 posts · Mar 2011
Perth, Western Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozbod
Hi,

I have just brought a client site bang up to date with all the various upgrades and it seems to have gone quite well apart from the fact that I have lost the right side bar on the single product pages

I am using WPecommerce 3.8.5 wp 3.2 and Atahualpa V 3.6.7 along with the latest WP ecommerce Gold Cart upgrade (allows the gird view).

Here is an example of what I mean:

http://www.shinnerz.com/shop/patterned/patterned-medium the side bar is there, now click on the more details link for any product on that page and you will see the sidebar dissappears.

Any input from anyone would be gratefully received.

Many thanks

Dave
I'd be rolling back to earlier WP eCommerce version, it fixed same problem for me.
http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...7792#post67792
Old Jul 8, 2011, 04:00 AM
ozbod

59 posts · Jan 2010
Stamford, Lincs, England
Hi Jam,

belive me the thought has crossed my mind a few times, but what I am afraid of is the fact that Wordpress is advancing at such a rate and so it appears is wp-ecommerce, I just don't want my client getting left behind and ending up with a shop that doesn't work at all in the future because of some future Wordpress upgrade.

But yes, what you said makes sense, thanks for your input

Cheers

Dave
Old Jul 8, 2011, 04:08 AM
ozbod

59 posts · Jan 2010
Stamford, Lincs, England
Hi Juggledad,

I tried your suggestions and the result was that I lost the right sidebar altogether throughout the site and the bottom of the central area extenede over the footer image, will attach a screen shot for you to see because I can't leave it like that.

This is how I added the code suggestions you made (the red code is your and the rest is the existing code):

<?php echo '$right_col2 ='.$right_col2.'<br>';
<?php if ( $right_col2 == "on" ) { ?>
<td id="right-inner">

--------------------------------------------------

<!-- Right Sidebar -->
[html]<?php echo '$right_col ='.$right_col.'<br>';
<?php if ( $right_col == "on" ) { ?>
<td id="right">

I have now set this back to it's original state because it's a live site.

If I set up a copy of the site and gave you access would you consider taking a look?

Cheers

Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shinnerz-sidebar-error.jpg
Views:	1675
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	1452  
Old Jul 8, 2011, 04:14 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
oh !@&$# I forgot the closing '?>'. It should be

<?php echo '$right_col2 ='.$right_col2.'<br>'; ?>
<?php if ( $right_col2 == "on" ) { ?>
<td id="right-inner">

--------------------------------------------------

<!-- Right Sidebar -->
<?php echo '$right_col ='.$right_col.'<br>'; ?>
<?php if ( $right_col == "on" ) { ?>
<td id="right">
Old Jul 8, 2011, 04:40 AM
ozbod

59 posts · Jan 2010
Stamford, Lincs, England
Hi,

have just tried that, sadly the same result as the previous one, have reverted it back to the original for the moment.

As I suggested earlier, if I set up a copy would you be willing to delve into it, of course for a consideration?

Cheers

Dave
Old Jul 8, 2011, 04:54 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
never mind, I've reproduced it. Their code is stomping on something causing the variables in Atahualpa to be changed. this is going to take some time digging thru their code.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 05:07 AM
ozbod

59 posts · Jan 2010
Stamford, Lincs, England
Can I assist in any way, do you have the code or do you need access to it.

I am no coder but if I can help in any way I will

Cheers

Dave
Old Jul 8, 2011, 06:32 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
alright I may have something. It seems that the plugin is using SESSION's and that is messing up the Theme variables, but this might provide a 'get around' for it.

edit footer.php and change line 3 from
HTML Code:
if (!isset($bfa_ata))  
to
HTML Code:
if ((!isset($bfa_ata)) or (class_exists('WP_eCommerce')) ) 
Old Jul 8, 2011, 07:26 AM
ozbod

59 posts · Jan 2010
Stamford, Lincs, England
Well do you know what Sir, you have cracked it.well done we now have the right sidebar everywhere it should be.

Thank you so much and how do I buy you a beer or three?

Cheers

Dave
Old Jul 8, 2011, 07:33 AM
ozbod

59 posts · Jan 2010
Stamford, Lincs, England
Hey Juggledad,

I asked you how I could buy you a beer or three, I found out how, there are beer chits on their way to you right now through the donate button.

Thanks a million

Cheers

Dave
Old Jul 8, 2011, 07:35 AM
ozbod

59 posts · Jan 2010
Stamford, Lincs, England
Hey Jam,

have a look at item #20 above, Juggeldad's the man of the hour, we got sidebars on single product pages yahoo!

Cheers

Dave
Old Jul 8, 2011, 09:40 PM
Jam

1,112 posts · Mar 2011
Perth, Western Australia
Yup thanks Juggledad. I'm not going to upgrade EVA! I went through enough trouble having to rollback and re-add all products once, I'm not going to risk having to do it again. But good info for other users of WP-eCommerce. If I use it again (very likely) at least I know another version "can" work
Old Jul 9, 2011, 03:45 AM
ozbod

59 posts · Jan 2010
Stamford, Lincs, England
Hi Jam,

fully appreciate your feelings here, however,if you decide to have another try get in touch as I have compiled a document which details how to fix problems, like last might I realised that the shipping calculator wasn't work, fixed nowand am confident my client is now bang up to date in all respects

Cheers

Dave