Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

[SOLVED] Site Title area

Old Oct 4, 2012, 09:06 PM
SigWS

29 posts · Sep 2012
[SOLVED] Site Title area

This theme is REALLY cool, but I am finding it pretty hard to figure out where to go to do some simple things. Maybe Atahualpa spoiled me?

I want to expand the area in the header where the site title goes, so if the title is kind of long, it doesn't return to a line below.

How??
Old Oct 4, 2012, 09:41 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You have to "fiddle" with the header.php and menu css files. In header.php you can set the classes for the logo area and menu wrapper to col12. The default is col5 and col7 which add up to 12. This has to do with the grid system this uses. After that you go to the css for the menu and set the position to relative.

These are just suggestions as there may be other ways to accomplish this or maybe I'm not certain what you want. Dealing with the grid system is something I am still wrapping my head around.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 10:09 PM
SigWS

29 posts · Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
You have to "fiddle" with the header.php and menu css files. In header.php you can set the classes for the logo area and menu wrapper to col12. The default is col5 and col7 which add up to 12. This has to do with the grid system this uses. After that you go to the css for the menu and set the position to relative.

These are just suggestions as there may be other ways to accomplish this or maybe I'm not certain what you want. Dealing with the grid system is something I am still wrapping my head around.
That is exactly what I needed.

I had misunderstood how the grid works and saw that col5 had something to do with it and I thought I had to find a place to define how big col5 itself was. What you described above got me exactly the effect I wanted and saved me a lot of time, heavy drinking and cursing.