Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] Single Post on front page?

Old Nov 6, 2010, 08:05 AM
ryanerickson

6 posts · Oct 2009
Good day all. I've spent a good protion of the morning searching for the answer, and still can't find it.

I thought I was looking for something simple, but I guess not... What I'm trying to do is have only the most recent (single) post show up on the front page but have follow on pages display the normal 10 (or whatever number) excerpts.

This can sort of be done by changing the "Reading Settings" to "1;" however, doing this also limits the search output. That is, if put to "1" and you conduct a search you'll only get one result at a time... no good.

I'm running Atahualpa 3.5.3 on WP 3.0.1 at ryanerickson.com.

Thoughts?
Old Nov 7, 2010, 07:19 AM
ryanerickson

6 posts · Oct 2009
Or, I guess, a better question would be: is there a way to keep the post count at one and modify the search results page to show more than one?
Old Nov 7, 2010, 07:56 AM
ryanerickson

6 posts · Oct 2009
I found the answer! Quite simple really; make a copy of index.php thats inside the theme folder and name it home.php. At the top of this new file/page place the following code:

PHP Code:
<?php if (is_home()) {
$page = (get_query_var('paged')) ? get_query_var('paged') : 1;
query_posts("showposts=1&paged=$page");
?>
This will call only the most recent post to the front page (same happens when you click "older entries" as well) but does not mess with search results or the archive pages. As I can't take credit for this I'd like to point you to this post.