Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Page Menu & Sub Menu Behaviour Change

Old Feb 26, 2011, 06:03 AM
Freester

7 posts · May 2010
Hi,

I just wanted to add this solution to this great support forum

I was having a problem with Sub Menus showing under the Page Menu when I added a new page as a child of one of the main pages. I already had a number of pages as the child, that were not showing. But since I upgraded to 3.6.4 (from 3.4.9) when I added a page it was showing as a sub-menu. I was tearing my hair out and about to post here but found the solution...

To explain better the problem was as follows. I have a photography website with a number of pages in the following format

HOME
GALLERY
| Landscape
| Portrait
| Sports
| Architecture
CONTACT
NEWS
LINKS

All of the existing children of GALLERY did not show as a sub-menu. But when I added a new page today, with gallery as the parent this one page would show as a 'pull down' sub menu under gallery.

Finally I found the solution. Under ATO->Header Area Menu 1 there is an option called "Depth of Page Menu Bar". This was defaulted to 0. Changing this to '1' changed it so that only HOME / GALLERY etc were showing with no children.

No doubt a good extra bit of functionality but it caught me out for a few hours as the old pages were working as expected! Hope this helps someone.