Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] Broken theme: missing style sheet

Old Sep 29, 2010, 08:22 PM
Pwk0202

2 posts · Sep 2010
[SOLVED] Broken theme: missing style sheet

I've looked through the handful of threads that deal with this issue but haven't seen a specific fix for my current problem.

I've updated WP to 3.0.1 and began having "auto draft" issues while running ata 3.4.9. I researched and discovered my fix was to update to 3.5.3 and go from there. I downloaded the release, unzipped, uploaded it to my theme directory, yadda yadda but when I go into wp to manage my themes and install 3.5.3 it shows up at the bottom of the page saying "broken theme missing style sheet."

I've retraced my steps several times and have completely lost my patience. Can someone please help me successfully upgrade to 3.5.3?

Thank you in advance.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 10:31 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Tell me if these are the steps you took.
  1. Downloaded Atahualpa 3.5.3
  2. Unzipped
  3. Uploaded the atahualpa353 folder to your WordPress Themes folder
If you followed those steps then I would delete the atahualpa353 folder and upload again. Something must have gotten corrupted in the process which happens from time to time.

Does your 3.4.9 version work OK?
Old Oct 1, 2010, 01:17 PM
Pwk0202

2 posts · Sep 2010
I HAVE SOLVED THE PROBELM! Yes!

I had done as you said...over and over and over. Finally I decided that the ftp client I was using was goofing up. I was using the web ftp client provided on dreamhost's web panel. Apparently it's not very good.

I downloaded FileZilla and uploaded Ata 3.5.3 and tah dah! It was in my themes directory on WP.

Thanks for your help...this forum is fantastic thanks to all of you who provide so much feedback.