Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Weird: changes to pages & widgets take hours to appear

Old Oct 27, 2009, 10:55 PM
lhanft

88 posts · Jul 2009
Cleveland, OH
Starting a couple days ago on my site, I found that when I make changes to a page or a widget, instead of showing up immediately upon refresh, it's been taking a couple hours for the changes to show up. Clearing my cache doesn't help.

I don't know where to start looking -- would this problem be client-side (something with my computer, my browser) or server-side? Could this be an ATA-related problem? A plugin-in? Or is it more likely to be an issue for my host (Hostgator)?

Http://theagnonschool.org
Atahualpa 3.4.3
WordPress 2.8.5
Old Oct 28, 2009, 05:44 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
do you have any cache plugins? have you tried a second browser/computer

Any change to Wordpress (posts, theme changes, add new plugin/widget) are applied immediately to the database. The next time the page is generated it should grab this new fresh info.

Possible reasons it doesn't
1) something in the browser cache (if using ie, clear the cache, exit IE and go back in)
2) possible wordpress plugin cache
3) possible distribution of the page to other servers and you are picking the page from there

those are the things I can think of off the top of my head.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 03:07 PM
lhanft

88 posts · Jul 2009
Cleveland, OH
You were exactly right. Once I cleared the cache in WP-Super-Cache, my troubles were over. Thanks once again, Juggledad.