Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Customize text template as setting in ATO>>Sidebars & Widgets>>Style Widget

Old Jan 9, 2010, 03:06 PM
bigliettaio

128 posts · Nov 2009
Italy
I would like to display my text widget who returns categoy posts on each post page under a certain category
(really i setting it only for posts belonging to next categories :
  1. Rugby
  2. Stadi del Sei Nazioni - RBS Six Nations Stadium
)
as explained here.
When everithing is setting only Category pages ( i.e. the two mentioned above) and front page sidebars will show 10 recent posts.

Last edited by bigliettaio; Jan 9, 2010 at 03:18 PM.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 05:26 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what widget are you using?
Old Jan 10, 2010, 06:26 AM
bigliettaio

128 posts · Nov 2009
Italy
I use text widget,
inside the text widget i get a php string to shows category post of specified category: <?php wp_cat_posts(); ?> and adding a conditional_tag to widget logic.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 09:47 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you just need to code your 'widget logic' so it will do whatyou want. This isn't an Atahualpa issue, it's a 'How do I code the logic so widget logic will work the way I want it too' issue

Are you saying you only want this text widget to displa on the front page and on the category pages 'Rugby' and 'Stadi del Sei Nazioni'?
Old Jan 17, 2010, 02:18 PM
bigliettaio

128 posts · Nov 2009
Italy
Hi JD,
i want to ask you if is possible do the following think:

i set the orptions of this two plugins:

_Category post widget
_widget logic

to listed posts belonging to categories in ONLY in single posts pages.

So do you think is possible limit the number of listed posts?

Cheers