Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

How to (safely) change the grid

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jul 14, 2015, 08:46 PM
flyboy

115 posts · Sep 2010
How to (safely) change the grid

I'm building a Montezuma site, but the fixed-width grids available are a tad narrow, so I changed the width to 1200px by successfully hacking the css file in /wp-content/themes/montezuma/admin/default-templates/css/grids.

However, upon updating the theme, that stuff will inevitably get overwritten. So I came up with a brilliant idea to move the grids outside the Montezuma directory and do a good-old 301 redirect on a server level using an .htaccess file.

Brilliant if it worked, that is. I tried it, and nothing happened - the theme continued observing the CSS grids in their native location.

Anyone have any ideas how I may be able to move the grids while maintaining the updatability of Montezuma?

As in, move the grids directory and force the theme to look for it elsewhere without modifying anything within the theme directory itself?