Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » eCommerce & Atahualpa »

adsense ads not showing - iframe issue I think

Old Dec 5, 2012, 04:56 AM
F70100

3 posts · Aug 2012
Hi

I'm trying to get an adsense ad to display in a sidebar text widget on my site. At the moment it doesn't display the ad but I think the code is on the page - www.suntreckers.flex40.net because when I inspect the element using Chrome, the code does appear to be there contained in an iframe.

I have only a very basic knowledge of html/css/php/java etc. Having researched Google's adsense knowledge base,

Quote:
Placing ads in an IFRAME isn't permitted by our program policies, which prohibit any manipulation of AdSense code that may affect the standard behavior, targeting or delivery of ads that is not explicitly permitted by Google. In addition, our targeting technology isn't optimized to serve ads within a separate IFRAME. For these reasons, please make sure to implement our ad code directly into the source of your webpage. Once you make these changes, it may take up to 48 hours or more before relevant ads appear.
it appears that it is not allowed to place ads in an iframe. How can I prevent Atahualpa from doing this without having to alter the code on each page (which I don't know how to do anyway........)

I have searched on this forum, and more widely, and more than a few people have had issues with Atahualpa and adsense. Setting the "CSS: Compress" to "NO" has not resolved this issue for me.

Thanks for looking..........
Old Dec 5, 2012, 05:09 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
why aren't you using an adsense widget? do a google search 'wordpress plugin adsense' and try some.

Last edited by juggledad; Dec 5, 2012 at 07:25 AM.