Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

If Atahualpa isn't capable of having child themes, can users still switch th

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 27, 2011, 06:03 PM
MTPrower

8 posts · May 2011
If Atahualpa isn't capable of having child themes, can users still switch th

I'm gonna be blunt and ignore polite speech here, because I've been screwing with my theme all day, frustrated that I can't solve some simple problems with my site. I am in a bad mood. I started using Atahualpa yesterday, and I have a serious gripe with it: no child theme support. Everyone keeps repeating the ideal that Atahualpa is "too good" for child themes, that they are unnecessary for several reasons. But I don't care.

I need my theme to have an ability for my members to switch specific styles. Nothing special, just a few colors and images-- and a emphasize that. Essentially, a really basic theme switcher. But apparently, since Atahualpa hates child themes, I have to figure out some special way to do it. What the heck.

So is there a way to allow my users to switch some colors and images with the click of a button, like a theme switcher plugin would allow, or do I have to get a new theme? Because that's what's gonna end up happening if I don't have some kind of solution. Can someone please help me?