Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Any help anwering some questions about styling?

Old Oct 5, 2012, 08:36 AM
twarrior3dc

4 posts · Oct 2012
Smile Any help anwering some questions about styling?

(*answering...oops!) Hello, first off, I love this theme, thank you so much for making it available. I do have some questions though, any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is my site for reference: www.henryamerica.com

1) Is there something that I need to do to get the featured image to function properly? It just displays as a white box and only shows when you hover over it. Is there any way to adjust the size of the featured image box on a case by case basis (in case some are smaller in width, also reposition the image within the frame, so heads aren't cut off)? EDIT: Just realized that the b/w->color transition is working in IE and Chrome, but not FF or Safari.

2) Is there any way to set the first/most recent/top post to show the whole post, while leaving the the subsequent posts just as they are with the first couple of lines? Presumably, when a new post is added it would take over the first spot and the former first spot would become a summary post like the others.

3) More of a general Wordpress question I think, but is there a way to expand the height and add widgets to the footer? I would like to put the pages and meta widgets down there.

4) Is deleting the comments php code the only way to remove comments from a single post or page, or is there somewhere in the admin panel that I cant find?

5) Lastly, I'm having trouble understanding the various post formats available. They all seem the same to me? Am I supposed to style them myself, I can do that, but where would I find the CSS? For instance, if I wanted to post an Aside, I might want the title to be a few sizes smaller. In a related question, I tried using the index template for a page, but I could figure out what to do with it, I could be just stupid, any recommendations for uses?
Nevermind, I figured this one out.

I know this is a lot, feel free to send an email if you want. Thanks in advance!
-T

Last edited by twarrior3dc; Oct 6, 2012 at 08:06 AM.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 01:18 PM
twarrior3dc

4 posts · Oct 2012
Starting to get good at this I think. Figured out, number 3, and I think for number two, all I have to do is make a custom post style with all of the post showing. The only problem is that it is a very manual procedure and I would have to change it to the normal style after every new post. Is there a better way that I don't know about, that can automate this? If you didn't guess, I also new to Wordpress, but have been designing websites for years.

Still having the problem with the featured images though. In FF, its white and the image shows up when you hover, in Safari you can see the color image and when you hover it transitions back to the color image. Its fine in Chrome and IE though.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 08:08 AM
twarrior3dc

4 posts · Oct 2012
Anyone have any clues about the grayscale filters on the featured images in Firefox? It now seems to be working okay in Safari too (I dont know what I did to fix it).
Old Oct 10, 2012, 03:00 PM
guybrusthreepwood

12 posts · Sep 2012
Hi, i've seen your web and i love the design and the personalization.
I only want to answer you, what is the twitter widget did you use? i like it and i don't find it

Thanks
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:58 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
Anyone have any clues about the grayscale filters on the featured images in Firefox?
check the sticky threads at the top of this forum
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:48 PM
twarrior3dc

4 posts · Oct 2012
Hi juggledad, thank you, I did see the sticky post. The effect those instructions have is to remove the image border styling and leave just the color image in place, no?

guybrusthreepwood, the Twitter widget is I guess the official Twitter widget which you can get by setting it up in your Twitter account setting and copying the code into a Textbox widget.