Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] No Atahualpa theme option in WP3.0 multi-site

Old Jun 25, 2010, 07:56 PM
ccloskey

2 posts · Jun 2010
I've set up wp3.0 multi-site and installed Atahualpa 3.5.1 as a network theme.

Administrators of subsites can activate the theme, so the theme seems to be installed correctly.

The problem: Only super-admins are able to see Atahualpa Theme Options in the Appearance menu. Regular administrators see only Themes, Widgets, and Menus.

Since super-admins have access to all the sub-sites, clearly we can't promote everyone to super-admin. But it seems logical that a sub-site administrator should be able to access his own theme options, right?

Did I miss a setting, is this a purposeful omission, or is Atahualpa not available for multi-site? Thanks for your help.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 09:28 PM
ccloskey

2 posts · Jun 2010
I've found a solution to this problem. (Found it and explained more here: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/413440?replies=4)

In /atahualpa351/functions/bfa_ata_add_admin.php find this call:

add_theme_page($themename. " Options", "Atahualpa Theme Options", 'edit_themes', basename(__FILE__), 'bfa_ata_admin');

Change edit_themes to switch_themes, and your sub-site admins will be able to access the options page. What the change does is change the capability that a user must have to be able to see the page. I figure, if a user is able to select the theme for the site, she should probably be allowed to set the options too, so switch_theme is an appropriate capability.

I hope this is helpful to someone. Cheers!
Old Sep 3, 2010, 08:24 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Good work!!
BUGFIX 353:02 created (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?p=42382) and it's been added to the 3.5.4 'TO DO' list