Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Display the posts within a catagory as my Homepage

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Apr 14, 2010, 11:33 PM
bloggersmarket

1 posts · Apr 2010
Display the posts within a catagory as my Homepage

I've seen some smokin' hot problems in my time, but this one takes the cake. I want to have my posts in a certain category show as my Homepage contents.
I do not want every post I have ever written to be displayed on the Homepage. This should be a simple setting. Yet after four hours work. I'm torched!!!!!
I don't see a way to add content to the Homepage or delete content from the Homepage.
And what ever happened to "home.php"?

UPDATE: 4-15-2010 9.24 A.M.
Like I said, I've seen some somkin' hot problems! I've also seen some smokin' hot solutions. For this problem, three words: "Advanced Category Excluder". It's a plug-in. This plug-in will let you organize for display any category, page, post, widget, or your cat's nine lives any way you want!
I absolutely marvel at someone sitting down, designing and writing this plug-in. I can just image the effort that went into this! http://ace.dev.rain.hu//

Last edited by bloggersmarket; Apr 17, 2010 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Spelling Errors