Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] I get "Powered by WordPress & the Atahualpa Theme by BytesForAll. Discuss on

Old Sep 5, 2010, 11:50 AM
Vickib

5 posts · Sep 2010
When I view my blog (which one that I've set up only to test WP upgrades, themes (I'm considering switching my blog to this one) and plugins.

So I just installed Wordpress 3.01, have my control panel, and activated the Atahaulpa theme, but when I view my blog it only gives me the one line of text "
Powered by WordPress & the Atahualpa Theme by BytesForAll. Discuss on our WP Forum "

It doesn't appear that i need to change or set any of the theme options to see the initial default page.

When I activate another theme I see my blog page as it should be, with my test post and the basic theme default layouts.

Is your blog incompatible with WP 3?

Thanks,
Vicki
Old Sep 5, 2010, 01:31 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Go to ato->export/import settings and press the 'delete bfa_ata4' record.
This should clean it up.

Warning: once you have started changeng options, doing this will wipe out all your settings
Old Sep 5, 2010, 04:09 PM
Vickib

5 posts · Sep 2010
Well after I figured out what you meant by ato, I went to import / export and did not see any such button ('delete bfa_ata4' record). I tried doing a reset but still can't see any default theme. Is this something that is a result of using it on WP 3? Why would this happen before I ever changed any setting at all?
Old Sep 5, 2010, 06:45 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
What version of Atahualpa are you using? Sorry, I assumed it was 3.5.2 or better (my bad)
Old Sep 7, 2010, 11:58 AM
thellancer

11 posts · Sep 2010
Rochester, NY USA
I am having the exact same issue. I installed Atahualpa on a new WP installation for a client who wanted the default appearance shown in the preview, but when I activate the theme I get nothing but this line of text on the page
"Powered by WordPress & the Atahualpa Theme by BytesForAll. Discuss on our WP Forum"

Other themes work fine. All the Atahualpa settings appear in the control panel, but no matter what I edit nothing changes.

BTW I am using WP 3.4.9 and have tried both Atahualpa 3.4.9 and 3.5.1 with the same result.

Last edited by thellancer; Sep 7, 2010 at 12:00 PM. Reason: left out some info
Old Sep 7, 2010, 01:37 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Follow the suggesting in post #2
Old Sep 7, 2010, 02:18 PM
thellancer

11 posts · Sep 2010
Rochester, NY USA
That worked. Thanks very much, appreciate the help.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 04:34 PM
Vickib

5 posts · Sep 2010
Hi! Sorry I guess it would have helped to mention that! It's version 3.4.9.

Thanks for any clues!

Vicki
Old Sep 7, 2010, 04:36 PM
Vickib

5 posts · Sep 2010
I just noticed you mention a newer version above, but when I went to the theme page from the wordpress search I just clicked the install or download from there, assuming I would get the most up to date version. I might fare better with 3.5.2 so I shall hunt for that one
Old Sep 7, 2010, 04:50 PM
Vickib

5 posts · Sep 2010
Ok, I found while searching that I should be looking for version 3.5.3 due to a bug so found it, installed, found that delete button, and voila, I have the default page now - thanks!