Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Header Image Directory

Old Mar 23, 2013, 03:25 AM
gsc

6 posts · Mar 2013
Hi

Yesterday I tried to change all my blogs to ../../header-images.

On 3 of my hosts, 15 blogs, all went well.

On WebHostingPad, when I tried to update the theme header option and save it kept switching to the live blog and telling me 'page not found'. I tried ../wp-content/header-images' but when I saved it froze. At the time I didn't connect it to the change I was making. WebHosting Pad suspended my account for overuse of CPU.

Today I got it re-instated and tried updating another website and the same thing happened.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 05:24 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
So there is an environmental issue at this one host. You need to work with the host to find out why you can't use the ../../ in a file name - my 'off the cuff guess' it that it is deamed a security risk and being blocked. you will need to ask them about this and see if they can provide a work around.

UPDATE:
I've been playing with this on another host and hit the same issue. Talking with the host's support, it si a 'MOD SECURITY ISSUE' and I'm escallating it to their second level to see if there is a solution. I will keep you informed, but nothing will probably happen until next week.

Last edited by juggledad; Mar 23, 2013 at 06:57 AM.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 07:07 AM
gsc

6 posts · Mar 2013
I am waiting for an answer from support but I am not hopeful.

Can you think of any way round it?
Old Mar 23, 2013, 07:51 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
it's is probably going to take a change to the theme code to allow a full url to the image folder maybe a check box that would indicate that you are using the direct path instead of a path relative to the theme folder.

for the time being, you can always keep the header images in the atahualpa/images/header' folder.

(interested in financing the time to make the change?)
Old Mar 24, 2013, 04:24 AM
gsc

6 posts · Mar 2013
I didn't expect much help from them - they are the worst Host I have ever had.

Here is what they replied:

"Some of the features disabled which is for security. You should have to follow that and we can't change server settings. You can purchase VPS plan if you want and you can configure the server as you wish."

I entered something it didn't like in the header directory area and something manage to show my total disk space as being completely used, even though it's supposed to be unlimited.

Next time I tried to access my site it froze and they suspended my account for high CPU usage.

How's that for customer service, to say nothing of English grammar.

One to avoid in the future I think.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 03:27 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I'm going to look into changing the option or adding a option to base the first part of the file path as the blog folder and not the theme folder.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 12:22 AM
gsc

6 posts · Mar 2013
That would be great.