Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Applying page menu background with hover opacity

Old Sep 23, 2009, 10:37 PM
krystyna

121 posts · Apr 2009
By reading a previous thread I've figured out how to apply a page menu background, but what I'd really like to know is how to apply some opacity / semi-transparent color for when each menu item is hovered over.

Also, if I want 2 menus, like one above the logo area that says "home | about | contact" and one below the header image that has the "meat" of the site, is this possible too?
Old Sep 24, 2009, 04:17 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
try adding
HTML Code:
	filter:alpha(opacity=60);
       -moz-opacity:.60;
	opacity:0.6;
to the css items where you set the background
Old Sep 24, 2009, 09:15 PM
krystyna

121 posts · Apr 2009
Juggledad, any thoughts on my 2nd question?
Old Sep 25, 2009, 04:52 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
It's can be done (anything is) but not without messing with a bunch of code - which would not make it transparent during a release change of Atahualpa - you would have to change the code again.

You will have to play with bfa_header_config.php - take a look at how it builds the current menubar and set something like it up for your custom menubar.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 07:22 AM
fencepost

17 posts · Oct 2009
Schaumburg, IL
Seems to me that as long as it's static menu items you might be able to generate the appropriate HTML then put it in the Body Top area in HTML/CSS Inserts with CSS going into the CSS Insert area.

It's outside the bulk of the page and you'd have to deal with more details of formatting (plus change IDs, etc.) but it'd be portable between versions.

Last edited by fencepost; Oct 21, 2009 at 07:35 AM.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 10:12 PM
Athena account2

55 posts · Feb 2010
USA
"try adding
HTML Code:
filter:alpha(opacity=60);
-moz-opacity:.60;
opacity:0.6;to the css items where you set the background"

I would like the hover to have opacity too, I'm struggling to find where I insert it, I have lots of places, but no go. Thanks
Old Mar 2, 2010, 12:14 AM
Athena account2

55 posts · Feb 2010
USA
I did it!