Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

If I update, it looks like I'll lose the configuration

Old May 14, 2012, 03:37 PM
artschoolusa

2 posts · Apr 2012
usa
If I update, it looks like I'll lose the configuration that I spent blood sweat and tears putting together. It's why I don't update more often. That and the bugs. Can you-all tell me for sure what is required? Can I get away with leaving my site as is for, ok, how long? If I update, what is the version that I can use that has been completely debugged? And where can I find it?
Old May 14, 2012, 03:46 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
What version are you on?

As for being completely debugged I am not sure there is such an animal anywhere in the theme world. That being said if you use the manual update method as outlined here you can just switch back if there are any issues.

The only things you "lose" are images you have added to the theme folders such as the header images, logo, and favicon. So you have to reupload them. All the other theme settings reside in the database.

If things are working OK then you may not need to upgrade but my suggestion as to whether or not to upgrade would be dependent on the version you are on.
Old May 14, 2012, 03:48 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
remember ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR DATABASE before doing any upgrade

Last edited by lmilesw; May 14, 2012 at 05:06 PM.