Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » RSS, Feeds & Subscribing »

Moving feed links to top of the page

Old Apr 28, 2009, 03:26 AM
pedja

6 posts · Apr 2009
I would like to move feed links to top right corner, to be horizontally aligned with horizontal menu. That would leave me with empty space right from blog title, where I want to place banner.

I used old theme version and there it was peace of cake to make such change. New version has very different code and I cannot find where is what.

It may be good idea to make this look adjustable in theme settings as I think more people would like to be able to put RSS links where I want them, or even somewhere else.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 01:54 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I am going to change this but it'll probably not be included in 3.3.3 anymore
Old Apr 30, 2009, 11:17 AM
pedja

6 posts · Apr 2009
I did this by editing template code. You may take alook to see what I wanted to achieve.

http://pedja.supurovic.net/

Change is pretty simple, and gain is huge.

There is also one more problem: after you changed wey you generate html code, now all HTML is saved in php variables. This makes things pretty hard when one has to add GoogleAds or OpenX ads or some similar code that contains mixture of HTML and JavaScript. It is impossible to track all problems with bad quotes.

I avoided problems by saving banner code in separate file and including it by file_get_contents().